Why make the world a better place?
Because we aren't objects lost in the void. We aren't pointless creatures searching for a creator only to realized we are marked for termination (despite how great a film Prometheus is).
Because there are pains that no one person can heal on their own or alone. Christ has stepped in to stem the blood flow of our wounds and guide us to healing. He puts people in our path that not only can help us but also need our help. The church is as much about forgiveness and a Savior as it is about community and nurturing growth.
Why watch TV? Why schedule daily exercise? Why bother working?
There is a goal and a mission and I don't believe it is to be the best Twitter-er. If the world is broken, and God has a plan he already put into effect to fix it, our mission is to? Tell people? Help it along? Heal the broken?
When life isn't want you wanted and still doesn't look like it will be, what is the reason you continue on? Why teach students to be their best? Why show kids how to treat others with love and respect? Why build your body and community into something worth preserving?
Every day we have to decide what it is we love, cherish and believe. And today I chose to continue on in what I believe. I no longer have surety in the future of our family and kids but I also no longer believe alcohol and movies with curse words lead right to Hell. I understand that there is a scope to God's guidance and mercy, that He leads us forward and though he has a roadmap for each of us, we still have to get up each day and walk it.
- IF : Repair
- Here is my entry for this week’s Illustration Friday theme of “repair”.I was thinking a lot about doing something with Anberlin’s great song “Dismantle. Repair.”, but when pencil went to paper, this is what came out. Could’a been because I was watching an episode of “That 70’s Show” while drawing it, but I doubt that ...
- Sunday, the 26th
- I don't have anything to show for Sunday ... I only offer this short poem instead: A day that begins so good, should never leave the night so very dark. This bright morning should never have become something so terribly stark. Finding a friend -- fills life with worth. Losing a friendship -- tears worth from life. A day that ends like this, so near hopeless and ...
- Beginning again
- Have you ever arrived at that moment in life when you know that you have wanted to do something important; to get it done and feel good about it; to diligently stive to complete a task, both consistently and on schedule? Have you ever just wanted to start things over again and try once ...
- Pray For Everyone (1/18/06)
- 1 TIMOTHY 2:1-8 I. PRAY FOR EVERYONE, IT IS GOOD God says that it is good that you pray for everyone. There are many things in the Bible that are called good. God is the God of good. God calls the sunset, sunrise, green grass, watermelon, etc. good. The world was created by God and ...
- Mature Love (2/1/06)
- Philipians 1:9-11 Paul here tells us that a mature love increases in knowledge and discernment. PROPOSITION: A mature love increases in knowledge and discernment I. YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND JUDGMENT NEEDS TO WORK WITH YOUR LOVE Knowledge is a key part of love that enhances the quality of love. Now the knowledge and discernment that Paul speaks of here is relating ...