The City Beautiful
There is joy in seeing all the ways our city is supporting those in need. This weekend we are visiting the locations that are donating 100% of their proceeds to #OrlandoStrong (Sus-Hi, 4Rivers, Jeremiah's).
I've been so busy with curriculum deadlines the last few weeks so I appreciate Jodie, Crystal and Melissa for reminding us of the continual need. And for those Denison Marrs lyrics that remind us that God is just and constant and He is also compassionate.
"I wish I could have talked with you If I had the chance I would have walked with you
I could have watched you live
and watched you changing lives
and how you always give
no matter what the price ...
How did you always turn it around
when they tried to play you for a fool?
How did you always know when to run,
when to love, when to rage and when to keep your cool?"
- Denison Marrs, Then is The New Now
- Thursday, with Tie and Ty
- Sometimes love isn't all that you want it to be. Sometimes you do things that provoke anger and frustration from what you thought for certain was love. Occassionally you find yourself tired, alone and needing someone's help to put out the fire you started with ill-conceived words and misplaced emotions. We all make mistakes; in ...
- Mario and Me
- I am still "getting caught up" on my designs, art and blogs, so go ahead and let this post fall somewhere among the ups and downs of the past couple of weeks ... For Jodie's birthday, I was finally able to get her the much sought-after Nintendo Wii. It's funny how it seems so difficult to ...
- IF : Tales and Legends
- IF : Tales and Legends (uploaded by DRA Studio)My submission into this week’s Illustration Friday theme of “Tales and Legends”. I originally had planned to create this just in Art Rage, as a fun experiment with the new version of the app, but it quickly deteriorated, as I realized I don’t like Art Rage.It is strong ...
- March 15th 2009
- The worship service was fantastic this Sunday at Southside … uplifting and so beneficial in strengthening my resolve. Of the many points in Ron’s sermon, two stood out to me:1. The reason we find our prayer lives inadequate, is because we live cluttered lives and cannot hear God.2. To understand your circumstances, good or bad, ...
- Princess Blade
- Grr. Yesterday's daily sketch didn't turn out as great as I hoped ... hence me not posting it until today. Night before last I watched a really enjoyable Japanese martial arts film, The Princess Blade. Lots of action, swordplay and just enough down time for me to only give it three stars, it inspired me ...