Gary Hustwit (of Helvetica, Ob…
Gary Hustwit (of Helvetica, Objectified, and Urbanized goodness) has a new exciting kick in the works: http://t.co/4ZUeuQH8 via @kickstarter
... howdy and all that goodness. Hope your week is going really well. I know mine is. There was plenty of good Wii fun today and I always look forward to Band practice on Fridays. Oh, and if you don't mind ... keep me in your minds and prayers for the next couple days/weeks, as ...
- Aiming Leap n' Roll
- I like this one. I think she turned out really well ... with a style different from some of the stuff I've done previously. I am really working hard on light-source shading, human physique, and giving my illustrations that extra level of detail. I think that some of turning/leaping motion I wanted to achieve is ...
- Daily Planet Press Badge
- My little sister asked me to add her photo into a press badge for the Daily Planet as part of a Lois Lane costume. I of course took that to mean "re-create a vector template of the press badge from Smallville, bro". And it was surprisingly easier than expected ... thanks in no small part ...
- King Kong (2005)
4 out of 5 gross face-sucking slugsDirected by Peter Jackson
This was a pretty good movie, with only a few minor flaws that had me bring it down by one star. Here we go:
- Opening titles: Simplistic, yet perfectly fulfilling
- Landscape, era, and costume design: Astounding. As a period piece, this was magnificent. Old New York ...
- Illlustration Friday : Citrus
- My entry for this week's Illustration Friday theme of "Citrus". For IFs, I usually try to work with what comes right to my head ... whatever comes first to mind. So for this, all of my initial thoughts were about pixels and gum-droppy icons ... and who am I to fight what feels so good?
Back to Top