As of late, I have found myself lacking focus … where normally I would be proud to be among the American populace that can successfully multi-task and achieve much in limited moments and timeframes, right now I relate much more to Tolkien’s disheartened Bilbo Baggins:
”… I know I don’t look it, but I’m beginning to feel it in my heart. I feel… thin. Sort of stretched, like… butter scraped over too much bread.”
Thus … the Supertones and The Waiting are playing much louder … I’m ignoring most unessential media and online distractions … I’m waking up, working, counting calories & sleeping … I haven’t drawn anything in weeks … Illustrative isn’t taking on new projects … and I am seeking hard.
“O LORD, hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief.”
“Do not bring your servant into judgment,
for no one living is righteous before you.”
“The enemy pursues me,
he crushes me to the ground;
he makes me dwell in darkness
like those long dead.”
“So my spirit grows faint within me;
my heart within me is dismayed.”
“I remember the days of long ago;
I meditate on all your works
and consider what your hands have done.”
“I spread out my hands to you;
my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. ”
– Psalms 143:1-6
- Narrow Stairs
- This week, I bought the latest Death Cab for Cutie album, Narrow Stairs and it is just so gorgeous. The sound is immersive and the lyrics are spell-binding.As I was reading a devotion this morning from Psalms, I fell into some thoughts about the song “I Will Possess Your Heart” that gave it some real ...
- Sunday, 19th
- Today was a pretty good day. It starting with church at Poinciana, lunch with Jeff and Allison at Chipotle and a new necklace for Jodie. It got really cool when we stumbled upon the Kissimmee Art Festival on Main Street and Tyler and me at the Death Cab for Cutie concert (UCF Arena - Orlando, FL). ...
- Time for Family traditions!
- To go along with this wonderful picture I rediscovered this morning (it was just lingering around in my iPhoto Library!) ... here are some young Cortez family traditions that you might be interesting in adopting for yourself. 1. Birthdays. They are so important ... they should be appreciated ... all day long. Which means, if you ...
- The Move …. finally!
- Ah! .... a sigh of relief. Finally. So it is official and it is complete. After many long hours of packing and carrying, and before that, even more long hours (and days) of worrying and praying ... we have moved to our new apartment. Jodie, me, all of our stuff, and the DRA Studio have ...
- Quick to pick, trailer schtick
- Here we are, at it again. Saturday night’s trailer judges gave an average score of 7 (except for the German judge … 5 on that one). Enjoy the treats!Meet BillJimison – “Meet Stupid … he brought Bill with him.”Shotgun StoriesJodie – “Is he at least wearing pants at the funeral? Or is it just an ...