March 15th 2009
1. The reason we find our prayer lives inadequate, is because we live cluttered lives and cannot hear God.
2. To understand your circumstances, good or bad, God’s perspective is vital.
After church Jodie, Courtney, Miriam and I enjoyed a super cheap and super delicious lunch of pizza slices and churros at Sam’s club. We followed that up with a trip to Goodwill, where I managed to pick up Hawk Nelson’s newest album for $2.99 and a new spiffy jacket (hence the ‘frontin’ pose art). Thanks for the birthday cash, Margie! Woo!
I wandered around the place with a weirdly flat Napoleon Dynamite rubber face on for a while before we headed over to Target to buy Jodie some new maternity pants … yes, she is looking more preggers each day ;)
We ended the night with wonderful fun at Steph and Colby’s with the second of hopefully many “Sunday Family Fun Nights” … Colby cooked up some delic burgers, we watched the shuttle launch and I accidentally said a bad word during “Balderdash” because someone didn’t know how to properly abbreviate the word “association”. Fun, right?
- Southside Luau
- Sunday started out really wonderfully ... I got a good amount of sleep and felt pretty rested. Jodie and I headed out early for Southside set-up at Freedom High School (after enjoying some wonderful Krispy Kreme donuts that Jodie bought the night before ... yay!). Practice went really well, though during the actual service, it ...
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009)
- 4 out of 5 man-eating super-sized turkeysWith Jodie gone for a whole Sunday afternoon, singing at Candlelight for the Mouse, I found myself with hours to spare and a cheap dollar theater nearby in need of someone to watch their movies. I never read the book as a kid, but I thoroughly enjoyed the great animated ...
- Working on the Trailer gang
- Us peeps were finally able to get all together again and watch some trailers. Here are the peanut gallery quotes from tonight’s festivities with Jimison, Courtney, Jodie and I:The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2“Do they ever wash the pants or is that part of the magic?” – OscarThe Promotion“That looks dumb.” – JodieMiss Conception“Poorly ...
- Day #10 – Black
- As much as I dislike clothes shopping that doesn’t happen in a thrift store, I needed a specific set of items for what I planned to wear to Stephanie and Colby’s wedding and Goodwill wasn’t cutting it. I had to make a couple of different stops around the loop and borrow a black suit jacket ...
- Panera Bread
- On Saturday Jodie and I headed over to the lovely UCF campus so Jodie could complete the last of her teacher certification exams. I (very happily) got to spend the day hanging out in the UCF Library. While Jodie scan-tron'd away, I got to spend some time designing a new wallpaper, drawing the evil Michelle ...