Mostly boring Movie Trailers
It has been a while, but we finally got a few people together for another night of movie trailer watching. Sadly (or maybe not … depending on how you look at it), most were pretty lame film concepts that either fell into the category of extra boring documentaries or overly hyped re-hashings of childhood favorites. Still, Courtney, Jodie, Jimison 1, Jimison 2 (Johnny’s brother joined us) and I had a pretty fun time, so let’s get into it!
Limits of Control
Note: Um this was the first trailer of the night and we skipped right over it, thanks to a plethora of warnings from the rating card.
"So this is apprently Adam Sandler realizing his career may end soon and he had better find some meaning in his life ... even if he has to write a movie about finding meaning to do so. Lame." - Oscar
"Why don't we ever see any good movies on these nights?" - Courtney
The Education of Charlie Banks
"The lead singer of Limp Bizkit?!? Hahaha!" - Courtney
"At least 12 or 15 reasons not to see that" - Jimison
"Blair Witch Project 2 - They still can't find a tripod" - Oscar
Note: Uh yeah, we skipped this one too ... clearly.
Bart Got a Room
Note: Yup. Skipped.
"She married for money, but stayed for the love ... and the pancakes ... and the bowl haircuts." - Oscar
"She's the foreign Hillary Swank" - Jimison
"He talks so fast ... he's his own Gilmore Girls show!" - Oscar
"Yes ... goodbye, Solo." - Courtney
Harvard Beats Yale 29-29
"It's like I turned on ESPN Classic ..." - Courtney
"Alright guys ... what do you want me to write for this one?" - Oscar
"Just say that it looks stupid" - Courtney
Love the Beast
"This is a movie by Eric Bana, with Eric Bana and for Eric Bana ... only. Not interested." - Oscar
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
"Fast-forward to 2:24 into the trailer and replay 12 times ... hehe!" - Oscar
"Well, I'm gonna watch it ... but I don't think it is going to be good." - Jodie
Observe and Report
"Oooo ... Seth Rogen, Danny McBride ... I'm in." - Oscar
"Is that what this movie is called? Really?? Haha!" - Jimision
"..." - All
"John Goodman?!? I thought he was dead!?" - All
The Taking of Pelham 123
"I'm surprised that Nicolas Cage isn't starring in this movie." - Courtney
Must Read After My Death
"I've got nothing ..." - Oscar
"... neither does this movie." - Jimison
"Moral of the story ... if you want the nerd to fall in love, introduce him to the town slut." - Oscar
"We are the Titans ... the mighty mighty Titans!" - Courtney
Big Man Japan
"It reminded me of Power Rangers ... except not as good." - Courtney & Jimison
"It's like an omage to '50s B movies." - Jimison 2
"Is omage the right word?" - Oscar
"How about 'travesty'?" - Jimison 2
The Velveteen Rabbit
" ... and animated by the guy living in my cousin's basement." - Jimison
"Shouldn't this technically be called 'Cherry Withers'?" - Oscar
"Ooo ... too soon ..." - Courtney
"The French are just silly ... a country in turmoil over the closing of a theater? Really?!?" - Oscar
"I would normally be interested in a movie like this ... but not with John Malkovich." Oscar
"As long as they don't combine this with another familiar franchise to make 'Mutant Chronicles of Narnia'." - Jimison 2
"I'm sorry ... am I supposed to be laughing right now? Cuz' I am! Hahaha ... " - Oscar
"Can't wait!" - Oscar and Courtney
X-Men Origins Wolverine 2
"Yummy indeed." - Oscar
"Seriously ... this gives me chills. I am so excited." - Oscar
"AAAAWWWWWhhhhh .... yeah!" - Oscar
500 Days of Summer
"Zooey looks amazing and I still am in awe of Joseph Gordon Levitt from 'Brick', so I am in!" - Oscar
- Five Minutes of Trailers
- No joke. Courtney, Jimison, Jodie and I literally only got to watch eight trailers together last night ... partly due to the slow wireless traffic available to us non-pirates [cough cough] and also because Jimjamijimerson only had a small window of time available before his pumpkin carriage turned back into a jack'o'lantern ... or something ...
- Pizza, Pie, Cake, and a side of trailers
- We (Tyler, Jodie, Courtney, Jimison, Ben, and yours truly) got together again for another fun filled evening of trailers. For some reason, there was lots of pie and cake involved. Oh, well. Hope you enjoy!Leatherheads – “Maybe … and not just because Jim is in it.” – CourtneyForgetting Sarah Marshall – “You can’t escape Veronica ...
- Movie trailers. So hood!
- There were full couches at tonight’s trailer showings … Nathan, Tyler, Courtney, Jimison and yours truly. Enjoy the goodness!The WacknessNathan – “Apparently, a movie about nothing.” Oscar – “That’s so wack!”QuarantineJimison – “The movie you were not meant to see … but we want you to see it!”Lakeview TerranceJimison – “This movie just tells me ...
- Mother Trailers
- Nathan, Jimison, Courtney and I sat down for a much needed movie trailer session and even though we only had time to enjoy about 20 or so, I think it was still a good thing we had going. Enjoys ‘em up!Goal 2Oscar – “Was there ever a Goal 1?”Forever StrongOscar – “Yawn. Forever lame.” All ...
- Cushy Couches and Trailers
- Cushy Apple (uploaded by DRA Studio)Our new furniture, friends and us got together and watched some movie trailers for your entertainment. Grab some popcorn and digg in!TranssiberianJodie – “So not like the orchestra.” Courtney – “When does the Christmas music start??!?”The LongshotsErin – “I’ve already bought my tickets!”The Curious Case of Benjamin ButtonOscar – “If ...