IF : Intricate
Here’s a little Illustration Friday piece that started out as a simple pencil sketch, got revisited with tracing paper and markers, partially colored with Prismas, then scanned, compiled and finished in Photoshop.
“If God is the constant in my life,
then, my love, you are the variable.
Without you, it is possible I’d have visited less valleys,
but assuredly, with you, I have seen that many more peaks.
Our love is an intricate mess,
one I wouldn’t trade for any other promises.
- Crayon Creation
- Thanks to the free videos from Lynda, I love Corel Painter IX even more. This is something fun I did with my Wacom Graphire3, using Painter's "Crayon" brush. A mix of colors, brush sizes, and erasing really helped bring out the life in this simple black on white sketch. ...
- IF : Muddy
- My entry for this week's Illustration Friday theme of "muddy" is pretty simple ... just some fun feet splashing in the mud. Since I haven't been carrying my sketchbook with me the last few weeks, I drew this as a quick sketch right in Illustrator, refined it here and then added a tiny bit of ...
- IF : Vacant
- Ah gah! In the monster-y mood and this is what I end up with for this week’s Illustration Friday theme of “vacant”.This guy started out with some free-form Rita line goodness, then slight coloring in ye ole Photoshop, then finished it off with a light paper texture and some noisy noise. And done. ...
- Self-portrait in chubb
- I was going for clean, simple and fun for this self-portrait head piece, but Jodie thinks it came out too "chubby". I like him anyway, so I hope you enjoy it too. I did this with a 2B graphite drawing pencil and then added colors in Photoshop. Lately, I really have been enjoying the "Multiple" layering ...
- Day 2008-1-5
- Day 2008-1-5 (uploaded by DRA Studio)For my Jodie:“the ocean’s tide; it is calmed.the push of breeze; it is stilled.time itself finds a stopping place.In the moments when you are gone,Life is weak.”“And breathing; it is hard.the flow of feeling; it is numb.The mind has found a different pace.This heart I suffer and bearhas an aching ...