Template for customizing the new Twitter
With the recent release of the new and updated Twitter, the majority of tweak-able profile design settings were lost and the twitterpated among us have been relegated to only changing the following:
- Background image
- Background color
- Link color
- Text color
- Sidebar color
- Sidebar line color
That isn’t much to work with, so I decided that with the recent re-styling of my Twitter page, I would share the Photoshop template I used and (hopefully) simplify some of the tedious process of creating the desired background graphic, as well as choosing complimentary colors.
You’ll need Adobe’s Photoshop CS3, but that is all. With this template, you can easily try out background images and test out color combinations, without having to continually reload and re-save your Twitter profile. Enjoy.
- Backing up Tweets
- The longer Twitter continues without a solid business model, the less trusting I become in the stability of their social system and in the safe-keeping of all those tweets I have spent so much time in writing. In fact, I think a problem that is going to surface very soon (once more people become aware ...
- Making better thumbnails
- During a recent project, I came across the problem of creating a number image gallery thumbnails at a specific size and saving them into the appropriate folders. Sounds easy, right? There should obviously be a great third-party Mac OS X app already out there for this, right?Apparently not. I mean, there was at one time ...
- Wiggle Pigmy
- Here is one of the miscellaneous sketches from some point during my recent travels between Atlanta, NYC and Southington, CT. There were a bunch, but to save you some time and all, I will only post two of them. Enjoy. ...
- Daily Planet Press Badge
- My little sister asked me to add her photo into a press badge for the Daily Planet as part of a Lois Lane costume. I of course took that to mean "re-create a vector template of the press badge from Smallville, bro". And it was surprisingly easier than expected ... thanks in no small part ...
- Yeti for the iPhone
- Pretty much anytime Mel and I start talking about anything Yeti, I have to draw it. It's like I have this Himalayan fever and the only cure is letting it out with pencil, pen or Wacom stylus. For this piece I did my typical pencil drawing, covered over with felt-tip marker and then digitized with the ...