I’ve had the words of a song I heard at Status last week stuck in my head for awhile, and after shaking around in my head a bit, this wallpaper is what they turned into. I hope you enjoy, and for those interested, here are my notes from the speaker that night.
The song is called Hosanna. Here is one of the lines: "break my heart from what breaks yours."
"How ironic is it that the crowds where trampling each other in order to hear Jesus' message of love?"
"Is the inside of you lining up with the outside that people actually see?"
Questions to ask yourself before buying things you probably don't need:
Can I afford this?
Will this make me happy?
Should I buy this?
In the parable of the rich man, Jesus does not condemn the man for being rich ... Jesus calls this man a fool when his attitude becomes focused on self-serving. "Your life is not your own!" Our lives are on loan from Him. We have made money such a private issue ... This rich man wasn't talking to anyone about this ... he hadn't really discussed this plan of laziness he wanted to persue with anyone.
2 Corintihans 8: 13-15 - Rich towards God ... Do I fit the description?
Our possible responses to God about money:
1. Let me do what I want.
2. Legalistic ... 10% ... No more, no less
3. Ask the Holy Spirit ... What can I change?
Invite the Holy Spirit to inventory what you own ... Is my heart attached to this?
Are you greedy in some way that is closing your hand to giving?
- Narrow Stairs
- This week, I bought the latest Death Cab for Cutie album, Narrow Stairs and it is just so gorgeous. The sound is immersive and the lyrics are spell-binding.As I was reading a devotion this morning from Psalms, I fell into some thoughts about the song “I Will Possess Your Heart” that gave it some real ...
- Illlustration Friday : Citrus
- My entry for this week's Illustration Friday theme of "Citrus". For IFs, I usually try to work with what comes right to my head ... whatever comes first to mind. So for this, all of my initial thoughts were about pixels and gum-droppy icons ... and who am I to fight what feels so good? I ...
- Psalms 18:30 (King David)“As for God, his way is perfect;the word of the LORD is flawless.He is a shieldfor all who take refuge in him.” h4. Strong Tower (Kutless) "When I wander through the desert And I'm longing for my home All my dreams have gone astray When I'm stranded in the valley And I'm tired and all alone It seems like ...
- The City Beautiful
- There is joy in seeing all the ways our city is supporting those in need. This weekend we are visiting the locations that are donating 100% of their proceeds to #OrlandoStrong (Sus-Hi, 4Rivers, Jeremiah's). I've been so busy with curriculum deadlines the last few weeks so I appreciate Jodie, Crystal and Melissa for reminding us of ...
- Rocky Ricardo from Oscar Cortez on Vimeo. Here is another piece done in the wonderful Brushes iPhone app, on the way to Cocoa Beach. I didn't have any specific inspiration for it, but did think about that scripture in Mark: The Parable of the Sower Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around ...