Harboring from Much Sleep
I don’t trust myself to sleep.
Haunted by memories threaded in so deep.
I see a face; a face I have never know,
but one so lovely and dear, I continually yearn to own.
She is a beauty, in vice and appeal,
speaking words my dreams folly to reveal.
The attraction by which she lures, I do not understand.
Abounding wonderfulness that would stifle any man.
I may not remember her or you or this place in time.
Though the walls are familiar, as is the porch, the swing and the chime.
This block, this walk and this street, hold a vagueness of real,
One barely certain to me, held fairly by means of love congeal-ed.
My eyes are blanketed by dark’s enveloping sheet.
Rest? I am only rewarded by weaknesses engrossing heat.
Tears am I blinking, to drown the near obsession.
Fear? Un-wantingly I run, for dread of painful confession.
Mine is a torment, unknown and relentless.
As night draws near, I begin again to feel the strong presence.
The lurking, the enticing and the remorseless inviting,
To share in lovelies and memories that are but trifling.
More often than not, I fear, man as fallen under this spell.
Been drowned, not screaming; Gagged, not cheering; straight into hell.
I trust not the power of my will, nor the weakness of my mind,
Clear is this vixen; near is this whisper of love to be refined.
… Harsh is the levity found upon waking to steadier mind.
- Tuesday, for tirades and tears
- Seeing you cry, hurts me inside. It cuts deep at my heart, and bleeds emotions I can't hide. As you trade your wisdom for fear, you turn your face down. There is anger and ire ... See, they pattern your frown. Your tears well up, as your eyes go red. I truly want to hold you, but longing stares must suffice instead. I feel your pain and it ...
- Sunday, the 3rd
- Starting out amazing and ending on the same high note, today was a definite improvement from one week ago. Hardly any of the emotional nonsense, and an overflowing amount of enjoyment with friends, church and art. I haven't had the opportunity to play my bass in quite a bit (though IMPACT is on the horizon ;)), ...
- Psalms 18:30 (King David)“As for God, his way is perfect;the word of the LORD is flawless.He is a shieldfor all who take refuge in him.” h4. Strong Tower (Kutless) "When I wander through the desert And I'm longing for my home All my dreams have gone astray When I'm stranded in the valley And I'm tired and all alone It seems like ...
- With the Breeze
- In the rushing wind and gentle breeze,you speak to me, O Lord.At the rustle of the autumn leaves,I know you are with me.In the bathing warm of sunlight,I feel your watch over me.Your presence gives me calmand I am free. ...
- Wednesday, the 29th
- Today is the first in many that I feel like I actually might want to talk about my day and not slip into a mire of lyrical prose or drown myself in fountain of memories. What started out as a lazy, but promising Wednesday (what with no work and nothing to do in the morning except ...