In search of heart
Eric’s anxiousness to see the sketch I drew during today’s sermon inspired me to work up this piece. I went ahead and uploaded the original photo I took, in case you want to play the “Boy’s Life” game of spotting what is different. ;) Enjoy.
He powers up and starts his day;
a few others, in tow, follow his way.
He thinks: “The day will end as the rest”
“Empty, lonely … defeated, at best.”
Stark is his joy and trembling is his hand,
to stumble upon a treasure, so unplanned.
“Consume, relish and to yourself entreat;
rare is the day when love is secured,
while a heart still able to beat!”
- Day 2008-1-5
- Day 2008-1-5 (uploaded by DRA Studio)For my Jodie:“the ocean’s tide; it is calmed.the push of breeze; it is stilled.time itself finds a stopping place.In the moments when you are gone,Life is weak.”“And breathing; it is hard.the flow of feeling; it is numb.The mind has found a different pace.This heart I suffer and bearhas an aching ...
- More Monsters Please
- I just love drawing monsters. Scraggely teeth. Hairy arms. Zombie eyes. Bald heads ... oh wait. Maybe that is just my monsters. Either way ... they always make me smile. So why is our friend here so "grizzly"? Is it his demeanor? His physical disposition? Interesting, isn't? I mean, on one hand, he looks pretty angry ...
- Mature Love (2/1/06)
- Philipians 1:9-11 Paul here tells us that a mature love increases in knowledge and discernment. PROPOSITION: A mature love increases in knowledge and discernment I. YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND JUDGMENT NEEDS TO WORK WITH YOUR LOVE Knowledge is a key part of love that enhances the quality of love. Now the knowledge and discernment that Paul speaks of here is relating ...
- Narrow Stairs
- This week, I bought the latest Death Cab for Cutie album, Narrow Stairs and it is just so gorgeous. The sound is immersive and the lyrics are spell-binding.As I was reading a devotion this morning from Psalms, I fell into some thoughts about the song “I Will Possess Your Heart” that gave it some real ...
- Joke on Jill
- Just before one of our recent leadership meetings some of the ACT members played a joke on leader Jill Hantsbarger. It all started with one person laying inside the couch waiting for the unsuspecting leader to sit down. This first shot is everyone sitting around until the meeting starts. Next Jill gets ...