IF : Foggy and iPhone
It is currently 7:00 am the following day, and I am still hyped up on the rush that is iPhone 3G.
My class ran for close to the entire 8 hours, so we (Jodie and I) didn’t get to the Apple Store at Millenia until around 6:30pm. Luckily, Courtney was holding spots for us.
Four or so hours later, we had Chris the Apple Genius help us purchase and set up both of our iPhones. Then it was another 1/2 hour or more just hanging out in the store, drooling about the ease-of-setup that MobileMe made of our contacts, calendars and email.
Leaving the Mall near-midnight (with still about 20-35 people still waiting in line), Courtney and I heading to the LOOP for a midnight showing of “Hellboy II”. I am a big fan of Mignola’s art and writing, so I really enjoyed the show. After a quick ride home, while watching “David Blain spoofs” on YouTube and playing around with Midomi, we all hung out at the house until everyone else feel asleep.
Which brings me to my current state of “ready-to-finally-fall-asleep-ness”. Apple, I had a great day. AT&T, for shame. Del Torro, nice work bringing some much appreciated character detail and creepy crawly organic-ness to the Hellboy movie franchise. Everyone else, enjoy this little sketch for today’s Illustration Friday theme of “foggy”. It came about as I alternated between sitting and standing in the iPhone line … which is why it is on the back of my iPhone 3G flyer. Night!
- IF : Enough
- IF:Enough (uploaded by DRA Studio)Okay, so it has been a full week with iPhone, and I have to say that I am still completely ecstatic about it. Between the amazing-ness that is MobileMe “push” synchronization, GPS locations and the sweet sweet App Store, it is perfectly filling in for those moments where my using Nano ...
- iPhone OS 4.0 Sneak Peak
- I had intended on posting about all of the features I am excited for in the upcoming iPhone OS 4.0 software update (of which there are many), but Apple did a nice job of spoiling that with ... More reminders of their continued belief that the HTML5 markup language is a direct equivalent to and a ...
- Gilbert on the iPhone
- Gilbert Grape from Oscar Cortez on Vimeo. You can view the high-res version of the final piece here.Yesterday was such a great day … enjoyed a yummy lunch with Courtney and Jodie, fell asleep on some soft couches in IKEA and got to hang out with a bunch of old (and new!) friends, including Nathan G., ...
- IF – Surrender
- My submission for this week's Illustration Friday theme of "surrender" ... a generalized native, alone on the plain, facing defeat and necessary surrender. I used everyone's new favorite digital sketch app, SketchBookExpress (thanks to the free download on Apple's Mac Store) for the initial version, then adjusted and refined the colors in Photoshop using Smart Adjustment ...
- Apple's App Wall
- If you haven't already, definitely check out AppleInsider's or TechCrunch's coverage of the sweet App Wall that developers at Apple made for the recent WWDC event. Here are all the deets: "What you're looking at: Over 3,000 apps - and growing - are downloaded every minute from the App Store. This is a live feed showing the activity ...