For my Jodie:
“the ocean’s tide; it is calmed.
the push of breeze; it is stilled.
time itself finds a stopping place.
In the moments when you are gone,
Life is weak.”
“And breathing; it is hard.
the flow of feeling; it is numb.
The mind has found a different pace.
This heart I suffer and bear
has an aching beat.”
“Love is life and in the seek of what’s
fleeting, love in its strength
will stop the heart of beating.”
Sorry that this piece is less sketching and more writing, but that is what came out when I put pencil and pen to paper. ;)
- IF : Intricate
- Here’s a little Illustration Friday piece that started out as a simple pencil sketch, got revisited with tracing paper and markers, partially colored with Prismas, then scanned, compiled and finished in Photoshop.“If God is the constant in my life,then, my love, you are the variable.Without you, it is possible I’d have visited less valleys,but assuredly, ...
- Just sketching on paper with a Thin mechanical pencil and then some shading added with a No. 2 pencil. After scanning, I added some colors in Photoshop. ...
- In search of heart
- Pod Wall (uploaded by DRA Studio)Eric’s anxiousness to see the sketch I drew during today’s sermon inspired me to work up this piece. I went ahead and uploaded the original photo I took, in case you want to play the “Boy’s Life” game of spotting what is different. ;) Enjoy. He powers up and starts his ...
- Sunset Creek
- While watching "The Never-ending Story," I was sketching alot. This subtle little pencil work is one of those. I had forgotten how much of the story and how many of the character quirks I really enjoyed in that movie ... but check out my Local Cinema blog for more on that. This one came out exactly as ...
- Day #6 – Wheel
- Finding out that the DFP course isn’t starting until February left me with some extra time to have fun last night, so I rolled up my sleeves and dug into some new Mario Kart cups (I am so loving how Nintendo has added so many of the DS, GameCube and N64 maps into this new ...