The dangling entrails of more movie trailers
The title for this post seems fitting, seeing as how the many of the movies currently out and/or being promoted are of horrible quality/substance. Let’s see if we can find anything worth watching …
Southland Tales – Neither Jodie or myself know what this movie is about. Seriously, this could be a trailer for any movie … or even a movie just pieced together with clips from 10 other movies. Would it help anything if I had seen Donnie Darko?
Jimmy Carter – Man From the Plains – Do you think Jimmy was the one that picked the hip-hop soundtrack for this trailer? ;) But seriously, this will probably be a thought-provoking documentary that my father would enjoy.
When Did You Last See Your Father – It’s like a girlie movie … but for guys and their dads. Hmm. I almost feel inclined to see it because of how much I have enjoyed Jim Broadbent in movies like Hot Fuzz and Moulin Rouge! (and Vanity Fair, too, says Jodie).
One Missed Call – Jodie says “creepifying and stupid”. I personally feel more threatened by the cellphone companies and their ominous fees than I do by a baby-cradle ringtone. It seems as though horror movies are running the full gamut of making ordinary things seem scary to us. With showers, beaches, parking lots and now cellphones causing us so much fear, I can only assume my toothbrush is going to be the next on the list to seek revenge. Shall I suggest a title of … “Did you remember to brush”? Dum dum dun.
King Corn – So if we understood this correctly, everything we eat is made out of corn … which means, that if corn is bad for me and corn is everything I eat, my only choices are corn or death. Hmm. Good to know.
Enchanted – Agh! Are you kidding me?!? Wasn’t there already some crappy made for tv movie like this? I’m sure there was … and even if there wasn’t, we still don’t need this. Ugh … it depresses me to know that I will at some point have to watch some part of this movie.
Youth Without Youth – Huh? What? Okay … apparently I will have to wait until they put out a real trailer, before I can even decide if this is a movie or just an advertisement for roses and pocket-watches.
- Summer Trailings
- Here’s Round Three of my upcoming movie trailer reviews … this time curteous of the sweet HD Movie Trailers section of the iTunes Store that I forgot was there.Dan in Real Life – Was it just me or was this an unusual story-line that developed as the trailer went on? I won’t see this because ...
- Comeback Trailers
- I know it's been a while, but we are back! Hanging around the Manor today, we decided to join in some trailer fun. Check 'em out and chime in if you want. Extraterrestrial: "Boo for just a teaser trailer! But this looks like fun." - Oscar Polisse: "Well at least the music sounds good." - Jodie "I don't know why ...
- Movie Night with Jodie
- Jodie and I sat down in the studio and watched a couple of upcoming movie trailers … here are our thoughts:Beowulf – Jodie says that it crosses the line between having to hire actors and computer animation that looks exactly like the actors. I think minus Angelina Jolie it might actually be a good movie. ...
- Sunday Afternoon Movies
- It’s strikes back time … with our two cents on a few more movie trailers.I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With – So this is pretty much just Jeff Garlin’s real life problems, with some clean Sarah Silverman fun. Huh.The Comebacks – Makes more sense than “Walk Hard”, but still looks dumb.Eastern Promises – Viggo ...
- Trailer Night! Trailer Night!
- It was a full night on Sunday … Courtney, Jimison, Ben, Jodie and myself … let’s hope it made for some fun movie trailer reviews. You tell me.Run Fat Boy Run – “It’s the fat little engine that could!” – BenThe Dark Knight – “Summer 2008 … not soon enough.” – CourtneyVince Vaughn’s Wild West ...