I am wounded with much injure,
due in fault to my own perjury.
With this day’s new dawn,
my wound is open, anew … and now, un-gone.
I have dreamed a lover’s dream,
one of hope and peace serene.
It was filled with love and its desires,
a past pushed to forgetful mires.
It hurts and pains to dwell on you;
you, that fleeting doe on morning’s dew.
Dreams have glimpsed to ending solitude,
but in truth, it is false hope imbued.
I though of you and your embrace;
how it cures the pangs of pasts’ misplaced.
Times too long spent and time too much wasted,
on dreams and hopes and thrills long left untasted.
Oh God, cure me of my past,
help me of my own remorse to memories unfast.
Pull me from that steadfast descending mire,
to stand and look beyond love’s impending spire.
Why are dreams so strongly breed,
why so deeply do they lie within longing lovers’ head.
I’d instead to think the night’s length long,
or stay the wake and be absence your siren song.
- The Boy
- This is a painting I just did on my hoodie. I have come to the happy realization that I have more fun painting on my clothes/bags/hands/etc than on paper sometimes. I ran into a little boy today on the way to the market. His hair was matted down and his feet were dirty from the city ...
- Friday, the 17th
- Argh! I have been putting this post off for a while now and THIS is only like the fouth version I have written. I keep trying to find the right words and emotions (or is that inflections?), but it keeps coming out wrong. Instead of sounding sincere, all I hear in my head is vapid ...
- Narrow Stairs
- This week, I bought the latest Death Cab for Cutie album, Narrow Stairs and it is just so gorgeous. The sound is immersive and the lyrics are spell-binding.As I was reading a devotion this morning from Psalms, I fell into some thoughts about the song “I Will Possess Your Heart” that gave it some real ...
- Monday, the 13th
- Here is the PDF-printable version of this Color Me! Love is only as good as you make it out to be. Dating and marriage can only reflect what is put into those relationships. I think both are very much like any precious piece of art or well-crafted literary wonder. The more time you commit and ...
- Thursday the 9th
- Today was really a pretty exceptional day. The usual hanging out with friends and eating lunch togther, of course ... but I even worked in some sketching and inking, spray painting a new project and a little bass practice too. Last night's LOST fall season finale was quite spectacular. Maybe not so much, in that ...