More Flapjack Trailers
Round Two of my trailer reviews:
- In the Shadow of the Moon – I don’t my generation was really that big on the whole “space thing”, but that hasn’t stopped me from having interest and intrigue in the stars above. If you enjoyed the great From the Earth to the Moon series that was out a few years ago, this is probably going to be another great treasure for you.
- The Spiderwick Chronicles- This looks to be a new generation’s Neverending Story. It probably will be very visually appealing, but unless I happen to be hanging out with a 10-year old when it comes out, I don’t plan on seeing this one.
* Arctic Tale - Gag! I probably would actually be able to stomach this seemingly dull and pointless film, if it wasn't being narrated by the Queen.
- Rush Hour 3 - I fear this movie ... or more accurately, I fear FOR this movie. RH 1 and 2 were really pretty great, but most of what I see in this trailer is forced jokes and heavy-handed punch-lines (pun intended ... why not). I doubt this 3rd installment of the Tucker / Chan adventure will ring true for anyone.
- Feast of Love - Hmm. It sure is hard to pass up anything that has Morgan Freeman in it. Then again, I'm not really the mushy movie love type. Plus, this was definitely was a trailer that didn't really leave too much "trailing" unknown. Why bother seeing the whole film, when, in under 3 minutes, I have gotten the gist of the plot, the range of the characters and now understand their moments redemption?
- The Golden Compass - 'Sigh'. Looks like another shabby attempt at something grand. 30% of the visual magic of The Chronicles of Narnia, 20% of the conceptual interest of Sky Captain and 200% of the faults in both (though I really did enjoy the first CofN movie).
- Dynamite Warrior - Potentional. That is pretty much the only word I have for this right now. Yes it is from the same guys behind all of the amazing Tony Jaa movies and yes, it does look pretty amazing in the way of stunt effects, but I want to know more of the plot and character draw before I invest any emotion toward this release.
- Rocket Science - Even though I do want to see more of Reece Thompson throwing a cello through a window, I think I would die of boredom during the first 45 minutes of this movie.
- King of Kong - They'll make a movie about anything, won't they? I like video games the same as the next guy, but count me out.
- 3:10 to Yuma - Um. I like Christian Bale and I like Russell Crowe, but I'm not buying into this western.
- Gone Baby Gone - Do yoos thinks that this her movieess takes place somewheres in da Bronx? Er Jersey? Just askin'.
- Ghosts of Cite Soleil - Err, no. But thanks.
- The Water Horse - More like I'm gonna be hoarse, from shouting "Turn it off! Turn it off! Please, no more!" Geh.
Wheeew! There's another few more. Anything you'd like to add?
- Trailering On
- Just a few more trailer reviews ... because I can, because Hollywood keeps putting them out and because my brain needs so many breaks between teaching, code and everything else. Enjoy! Dare I watched the trailer because it had Emmy Rossum and I really liked her in Phantom of the Opera, but this just looks silly. Especially ...
- Hot off the Griddle Trailers
- I just got caught up on my Apple Trailers, so here’s the rundown on what looks good and what I wouldn’t waste my money on.Dedication – This looks like something that will be honest and real. I think I will like the ungrounded nature of Billy Crudup’s character (He was great in MI:III). And why ...
- Trailer Bemusing
- Another few days of keeping busy with teaching and freelance work, reading through comic books and watching old TV Serieses (?), and painting and drawing whenever I get the chance ... and another set of quick movie trailer reviews, just because I love watching them o' so much. Mammoth I have no idea was this movie is ...
- Tumbling Trailers
- Yet another thick set of movie trailer reviews by Oscar ... It Might Get Loud This looks fantastic. It is coming to the Enzian on Sunday ... anyone want to join me in seeing it? The Book of Eli Interesting ... I wasn't so sure about Mila Kunis and the whole post-apocalypictic story, but this new trailer makes it ...
- Cushy Couches and Trailers
- Cushy Apple (uploaded by DRA Studio)Our new furniture, friends and us got together and watched some movie trailers for your entertainment. Grab some popcorn and digg in!TranssiberianJodie – “So not like the orchestra.” Courtney – “When does the Christmas music start??!?”The LongshotsErin – “I’ve already bought my tickets!”The Curious Case of Benjamin ButtonOscar – “If ...