Sweep the Leg
Oddly enough, I didn't keep any of the things I drew yesterday, so instead I will leave you with two nuggets of YouTube goodness.
The first? John Reuben's new Word of Mouth video ... not too shabby of a track, and the animation is pretty fun. It has this kinda Cartoon Network meets 1970's School House Rock feel too it. (It was directed by Chris Oatley, who's work is pretty great stuff).
Second? No More King's Sweep the Leg video ... because I just bought The Karate Kid on DVD, Principal Belding is cool, trailer-park Cobra Kais make me laugh, and I still think Ralph Macchio is amazing! (You will probably get that song stuck in your head though ... so fair warning).
Yesterday was pretty standard, with work being typically long and boring and party time at our house being really great. Guitar Hero II battles and yummy Wii goodness, thanks to Josh McGrew. Billy Babbino was there too, with an FCC prospect for next year.
Probably my favorite parts of the day were: 1) The compliments I got on the New Creation posters and 2) Right before Googly's Cafe, when Jen and I were at the pizza place and having the owner ask us where we had been and how come we hadn't eaten there in a few days ... since neither of us had been there is well over 4 months.
- IF – Burning
- A simple vector flame ... I first saw this in my head pretty much folded and flicking just like it is here, then put it down on paper with blue pencil and pen. I grabbed a snap of it with my iPhone 4, pushed the photo to Dropbox and then redrew the basic shape in ...
- Tell Friday its Cinco de Mayo
- So it was sad enough that the Wilsons were leaving so soon. But since we didn't finish packing until late last night, we barely got to hang out. Everybody pretty much just crashed at our house and then of course the next morning, Jodie and I have to go to work. Lucky for us though, the ...
- Day #24 – Groceries
- Money has been pretty tight for us lately, so it was a pretty great feeling to be able to go out Saturday afternoon and buy some groceries to fill our empty fridge.Of note, I would say the best purchases made were: Milk (now I can finish that bag of Cap’n Crunch)Pepperjack cheese slices (mmmhmm … tangy)Frozen ...
- Wednesday, the 22nd
- ** Since Missy complained, I feel it is necessary to apologize for the back-dated posts. I know I am behind on like 5 days, but I will try to clear all that up very soon. And for now, you can just think of it as a trip into the past! Those are always fun, right? ...
- Pop – n – Fresh
- I know I haven't posted anything of significance in a good long while, and I apologize for that. I am still working through things in life ... including not sleeping well and waking up completely depressed ... but things should get better soon (hopefully). For now, I'm keep it nice and simple, just until I get ...