Today was another great day of accomplished tasks ... among which was the New Creation poster (check out the Flickr sidebar!). Karati-gami at d-groups went really well ... even if I did make Jen mad at me for a bit. ;) I am now well on my way to getting those thousand origami cranes so I can have my wish.After Southside band practice, Jen and I worked on this desktop wallpaper together ... not to shabby, I think. And the poem, in part, really speaks to my feelings as of late. Enjoy.
She stands upon the precipice, her gaze within the rocks' warm embrace.
her hair ... it floats on the midnight breeze,
while a forlorn sadness darkens her face.
She's taken a few steps more,
closer still to night's starless intent.
A decision must be made,
this choice, now is beyond circumvent.
When from a sudden, she is found;Choice now stands at your side;
stumbled upon by loved one's loving eye.
"Hold fast ... still!", is the desperate plea.
"Speak to me and share! Why it is that you must die?"
Leaving you with two ways to end tonight.
Sure is the fate that lies before you,
while hope, it beckons to set things right.
- It's getting worse
- Seeking release,he stands upon a self-made precepice.Digging his heelsinto a soft-set sand that never fits.Here is a boy,not striving and nor is his aim for “man”;there is not a swayand rare a concern in way of your planHis goal not ready,nor can it be found or called to be steady.Disappointed by manyand frankly has lost ...
- Last Year's Fund
- I am in the process of updating the Illustrative site and I found some old copy that I never implemented … kinda sad and still fun:Wet iPod fundOn the early Friday morning of April 7th, 2006, my dearly loved and cherished iPod Nano (4 GB, 1st Generation) was lost forever in the mirky abyss of ...
- Day #15 – LEGOs
- I’ve been seeing all these really nifty iPhone stands lately and not wanting to spend any real money on them, I decided to go the home-brew route and make my own out of LEGOs. Four hours later I found myself in the living room surrounded by pieces and no recollection of what I had been ...
- What will You give up?
- Right now at FCC we are in the middle of a 40 days of Sacrifice event ... an opportunity for each of us to sacrifice something -- in appreciation of the sacrifice made by Christ, in devotion of wanting to draw closer to his will, and in dedication to ourselves in setting a goal and ...
- New Movie Quiz!
- Jodie has made a new Movie Quiz contest for all to enjoy. The winner (or possibly winners) will receive their choice of an original piece of artwork by yours truly. Head on over and play ... may the force be with your best guesses! Click here to view the quiz. ...