Finally! This morning was one of the first in a long while that I didn't absolutely despise as soon as I woke up. I stayed up late last night, seeing to some website updates for Mark Atteberry and a few other projects, and even with the minimal 2-3 hours of sleep, I really felt so much better starting the day out.
We had a bit of car trouble that had to be sorted out today, so the biggest thing I was able to accomplish at work was definitely the work on the New Creation poster (I will upload a pic once it is done). It was a slow start, but I really like the direction I went with it. The rest of my FCC day was a blur of missed emails and answering phone calls.
The highlight of today was definitely being the Chick-fil-A cow again at Southchase. There really isn't a feeling more wonderful than having 3 and 4 year olds run up to you and give you a hug ... especially with me in huge cow suit and them in their nifty PJs (it was pajama night this week ... pretty fun).
The rest of the night rounded out nicely with picking up some supplies for our Karati-Gami D-group tomorrow, watching The Prestige with the gang, and working up a logo for Josh's upcoming "Ignite" event. Heads up ... its April 13th and you might as well mark it down on your iCal. Kenny Beers band will possibly be playing and Illustrative will have a booth and some pimp shirts for sale. Whoot!
- The Cliffs
- Today was another great day of accomplished tasks ... among which was the New Creation poster (check out the Flickr sidebar!). Karati-gami at d-groups went really well ... even if I did make Jen mad at me for a bit. ;) I am now well on my way to getting those thousand origami cranes so ...
- IF : Detach
- IF : Detach (uploaded by DRA Studio)Here is my new entry for the Illustration Friday theme of “detach”. The line work and details are a bit more stringy and rigid from my usual rounded and smooth work, but this time around, I gave even more control to the pen I was using and let it ...
- Sleepy? Me too!
- No truer statement was made than the one by Jodie at dinner the other night (at Chick-fil-A, of course! Yay for sweet all-nighter coupons!) ... if I am not getting enough sleep, more than likely, it is Eric's fault. ;) Seriously, it was great having Eric with us this week. Not only did Evenstar make some ...
- Monday, the 20th
- Blah ... who wants to work on a Thanksgiving Monday? I so should have taken the entire week off. With none of my usual office visitors stopping by, I was definitely not as productive today (don't ask me how that works out). I already miss all of my friends that have gone home for the holidays, ...
- Saturday, the 14th
- Since last night was a late night Firefly watching with the Wilsons, I thought it best to sleep in this morning. Jodie and I got up around 10-ish, but with no real plans, other than picking our car up from the shop (nice expensive brake work ... thank you very much), I mostly just hung ...