Monday is Fearless
Courtesy of everyone's favorite Student Life boss, Terry Allcorn, I used my free Blockbuster rental to watch Jet Li's Fearless with a few friends on Monday night. It was really amazing the first time I saw it in the theater with Matt Z and it maintained every bit of that monumental and tragic beauty that drew me in initially.
One of Li Lian Jie's best movies yet, "Fearless" embodied so much of what I love about eastern culture and martial art philosophy/action. The two concepts that were most poignant to me were: "Revenge is an insatiable enemy, that indulged, only gives way to more pain and loss" and "Life is no more a journey to a final destination than a path of many opportunities that can easily be overlooked if permitted".Listed among the most recent "epic" kung-fu films, I rank "Fearless" as follows:
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- House of Flying Daggers
- Chihuly at the V&A
- Chihuly at the V&A Written by Dale Chihuly Edited by Jennifer Hawkins Opie A great book about many of the works of Dale Chihuly, especially his exhibit at the London V&A. Well written and full of colorful photographs, it is an extraordinary journey along the path that is the life of Chihuly. There are several pages of his ...
- Denied! Stamp
- Just a fun little thing I did for Erica at work today. She is having to deal with so many crazy kids and their silly concepts about how they are right and (of course) Student Life is wrong. This would, most definitely, be one of the cooler rubber stamps for someone in the world to make. ...
- Princess Blade
- Grr. Yesterday's daily sketch didn't turn out as great as I hoped ... hence me not posting it until today. Night before last I watched a really enjoyable Japanese martial arts film, The Princess Blade. Lots of action, swordplay and just enough down time for me to only give it three stars, it inspired me ...
- The Flints – In Progress Video
- Hope you like the video … it is for a project Tyler and I are planning right now. You can view the final piece on my Flickr.The actual time on this in Photoshop was 56 minutes, but Jennifer helped me lapse it to nearly 550 fps in Final Cut … woo hoo for speediness! ...
- iPod Down More
- The long wait that was the design for Fat Threads Tees is nearing an end. A final logotype has been added to the Proofs section. Also, thanks to Jodie, here is a great link for some super sweet Japanese iPod desktops. Adobe is set to release their new CS2 suite in May ... Live Trace, ...