Monday, so this is Christmas
Note: This is the second version of this post. Why, you might ask? Let's just say that staying up late, typing in a comfy cozy bed and feeling drowsy while waiting to talk to a friend on iChat aren't the best combination for blogging. At some point while typing in my sleep, I managed to lose the first version. Oh well.
So Christmas morning was most wonderful this year. Not only did we get to enjoy some yummy Chesser "breakfast puffs" (quite delicious), but there were stockings for all and plenty of presents and gifts to sedate our materialistic urges. ;)
As you might have guessed from my little sketch, I am very happily back among the "I own an iPod" cult (thanks, Jodie!) and what a good cult it is. The dues are cheap, the poison is long-lasting and you get to name your own vice. I call mine "Love", after the scripture from Psalms that Jodie had engraved for me. And since I knew an iPod might be among one of my presents, I requested one of the (Product)RED ones, so that I could participate in their worthy campaign (My gift will provide anti-retroviral (AVR) treatment for one month to a person living with HIV).
There were plenty of other gifts and giftcards and fun toys (and some pictures of geeky me growning up too ... thanks Mom! ;)), but "Love" was of course my favorite. Coming in second were probably the Prismacolors (also from Jodie) and 3D drawing paper (cuz I miss the Wilsons) and then the iTunes card (I've been making a Buy Me! playlist for awhile now). Oh and of course the yummy yummy cookies from my Great Grandmother's recipe that my little sis made me! So delicious.
Jodie liked what I got her (every boy can relate that it is always good when those gifts go over well :)) and the rest of the morning did result in some Nintendo Wii fundage, which is very exciting.
So, tell me. What did you get for Christmas? What were the expensive things and what were the personal things that meant alot to you? Ohh and what was your favorite Holiday song this year? Mine was "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by U2. Peep the music video on YouTube ... so 80's amazing!
- I am 24!
- Yes! Finally! Now I am old enough to ... to ... um ... er ... drink? Nope. Smoke? Nah. Go clubbin'? Ehh. Oh wait, I got it. The best and only way to celebrate your 24th Birthday is to lose your Canadian Citizenship! How could I forget. :) Thanks for all the "Happy Birthday" goodness ...
- Piano Cake
- Jodie has been watching lots of Ace of Cakes recently and decided to add some fun fondant pizazz to the cake she made for her College Choir's end-of-year party. Not only does it look pretty amazing, but because she used marshmallow yummy fondant, it tastes good too! ...
- Sunday, the 8th
- I love early mornings! I love waking up to a dimly-lit, breezy night that is starting to transform into dawn. I did my laundry this morning, at about 4:20 a.m., so that I would have my new blue shirt to wear for church. While waiting around between laundry loads, I fumbled around with WordPress and its ...
- Monday, without Mutiny
- ** You know ... that was just supposed to be something cute for Jodie ... I don't want to hear anymore jokes about the snowman asking to be licked ... silly kids. ** It sounds all wrong coming out of my fingers, onto the keyboard and into my little blog window, but it seems as though ...
- Sushi Wednesday
- As part of my many New Year's resolutions, I decided to cook 3 new recipes each month ... one Chinese, one Japanese and one Mexican. Last night's recipe was sushi! Thanks to help with ingredients and instruction from Missy, shopping with Jen (at a local Asian Market ... so much fun), and cooking with Jill and ...