Tuesday, in search of Truancy
An apt name for a post that should really be about all the things I didn't do at work today. What with it being "Take Your Daughter-esque Friend to Work Day", how could I not have been distracted and less productive ... ;).
Truthfully, I got quite a bit done at work today ... it is absolutely amazing how well your mind can work on zero hours of sleep and just one cup of coffee. "Why an all-nighter", you may ask? Who knows! But nothing is better than getting caught up on design work while talking for 7 or so hours on iChat (that is AIM for you, Bethie!).
Plenty of people were in and out of the office today ... some of whom were nice enough to contributed to the beginning of my sketchbook collages, which makes me very happy. Thanks in part to the great post of David Kilpatrick's sketchbook on Drawn yesterday, I am now so excited about filling each page with as much art and color as possible, especially of the mixed media kind. And the idea of a sketchbook that is overflowing with items and artwork inspired by a roadtrip or tour of a foreign country sounds so incredible!
Chick-fil-A was pretty bomb-diggity tonight (don't ask ... I think it is the ice-dream going to my head ... literally ... right though my ears, Missy!) and if you happen to be one of the many in attendance at our Chick-fil-A's grand re-opening coming up soon, you might just get a hug from a really cool guy in a cow suit :) ... hehe. There was plenty of other fun had tonight ... involving hair dye and frosting and Rockstar and possibly me forgetting about Amanda, but those are just great memories of a well-spent youth.
I hope you like the piece for today. It started out pretty innocently but evolved into something a bit grander, I think. Jack's Mannequin and "I'm Ready" weren't necessarily the inspiration, but they are the dedication. Enjoy.
- Monday, the 20th
- Blah ... who wants to work on a Thanksgiving Monday? I so should have taken the entire week off. With none of my usual office visitors stopping by, I was definitely not as productive today (don't ask me how that works out). I already miss all of my friends that have gone home for the holidays, ...
- Wednesday, the 22nd
- ** Since Missy complained, I feel it is necessary to apologize for the back-dated posts. I know I am behind on like 5 days, but I will try to clear all that up very soon. And for now, you can just think of it as a trip into the past! Those are always fun, right? ...
- Night is Late on March Eight
- If you're reading this in the wee hours of the morning on March 8, then I congratulate you ... and I reward you with three links to add some internet fun to you night/morning. Here you go: MaxWax - Weblog by Superchic[k]'s Max Hsu. He always has some great life insight, music/instrument enjoyment and lots ...
- IF – Lush
- My entry for this week's Illustration Friday theme of "lush" was really just a chance to for me to be lazy on a Morning where I was caught up on many things and wanting to draw for while. I haven't touched AutoDesk's Sketchbook Express Mac app in forever and I even had to go download ...
- Eye of Sauron
- Well, this past weekend proved to be a real test of mind, spirit and my personal sanity. My main business partner, Evenstar Media, had a big need in a small amount of time ... hello, Oscar to the rescue! Along with normal FCC work hours on both Thursday and Friday, I was able to complete ...