Thursday, the 30th
Maybe it's all this emotional junk that seems to be going on right now or maybe it's just that Jack's Mannequin has been dominating my playlist lately ... I don't know ... but I am falling in love with the piano.
Andrew McMahon is a bit of a hero of mine right now and tonight's Night of Noel at FCC only further re-enforced my growing love in that sound. Uplifting to my current state of mind and so sweet in my ears, it is just the best right now. It's almost enough to make me want to learn to play, just so I can be a part that sound.
Here are some of the piano rockers I am currently listening to:
- Jack's Mannequin
- Death Cab for Cutie
- The Rocket Summer
- The Early November
- Waking Ashland
- Forever Changed
- Friday the 10th
- Sometimes days are supposed to go one one way and end up going another. I think I was hoping today would be one of those really great and amazing Fridays that I later dream about returning to or skipping work for -- but looking back, I feel like a good chunk of the enjoyment ...
- Here is my newest painting, done for our kitchen at the 2324 Apartment. Oh how I love drawing monsters ... really if it wasn't for me already wanting to own a pet bear, I would want a pet monster. :) This week is, of course, part of the wonderful tradition that Jodie and I started of ...
- Friday, full of Fun
- Work just dragged on and on, but chinese for lunch with friends was pretty fun. The lady at Great Wall just seems to get funnier everytime we go. We got Missy's sweater finished and it is probably the most wonderfully tacky thing ever ... and I discovered how incredibly difficult it is to not laugh ...
- Stopmotion in the Name of Love
- The product of this week's Art Kids d-group session. Roughly 150 photos, at 8 fps. Enjoy. (If you are in the mood, why not add your own sound-effects and music to it?) **UPDATE: Check out the pimped out version that Tyler did ... very nice. ...
- Two for Tuesday
- Today ended a bit better than yesterday, thanks to hanging out with Elliott and Tyler after work. We went to Chick-fil-A for dinner, and while there, we were entertained by a David Blane wannabe ... no, I am not kidding you. He was a bonfide all-I-do-for-a-living-is-magic guy. So silly. After that we hung out for a ...