Wednesday, the 29th
Today is the first in many that I feel like I actually might want to talk about my day and not slip into a mire of lyrical prose or drown myself in fountain of memories.
What started out as a lazy, but promising Wednesday (what with no work and nothing to do in the morning except wake up and eat breakfast), it progressed into a bit of a disappointing afternoon. Apparently both the Orlando Museum of Art and the Mennello Museum of American Art close earlier than I had originally understood -- definitely ending our art trip before it even began. Darn you Museum people and your amazing work-hours (including Mondays off)!
It might have been a day off-of-work for naught, had it not been for some resourceful thinking on Missy's part. Not only was there art to admire and critique, exotic cuisine to enjoy, but even time for wandering among Orlando's finest fashions ... eh, sort of.
And of course, the icing on the day's cake was getting to watch all of Death Cab's The Direction music videos. Each was unique and wonderfully made ... with my favorite probably being "Different Names for the Same Thing".
So ... when your favorite places to go for art and culture aren't closed, what are they? Where are they? How did you find out about them?
- This Saturday we headed over to Epcot and MGM with my in-laws for some holiday fun. Got to check out both parks for the first time ever ... pretty sweet. My favorite attraction at Epcot was the "Talk with Crush," which is a live, fully interactive AND 3-D animated discussion time with Crush from Finding ...
- Saturday, the 11th
- What do you do when you have a free Saturday with no prior plans? I spent most of mine sleeping since Friday night was pretty crazy and late-night goodness, but I definitely followed it up with a few of my favorite lazy Saturday activities. Here's a decent-sized list, if you are looking for some ideas ...
- Day 2007-12-7
- Day 2007-12-7 (uploaded by DRA Studio)Here is my first post of what I am really really (no, really) hoping will be daily full page sketches. Robot Johnny has been posting a lot of really great warm-up sketches and it is making me jealous of all the time he has to sketch. So here goes.For the ...
- Sunday, 19th
- Today was a pretty good day. It starting with church at Poinciana, lunch with Jeff and Allison at Chipotle and a new necklace for Jodie. It got really cool when we stumbled upon the Kissimmee Art Festival on Main Street and Tyler and me at the Death Cab for Cutie concert (UCF Arena - Orlando, FL). ...
- Museum Architecture
- Museum Architecture Written by Justin Henderson Gorgeous in design and captivating in details, this book ranks very high among my favorites. The discussions about art and creation are excellent and it highlights several fantastic museums, two of which I have been to. Although a bit on the pricey side, it is worth every penny ... er ... dollar. ...