Whoa ... what a sobering morning. Things have been insanely awesome the past 4 ... 5 ... however many days (it all runs together when you don't actually sleep ;)) and now I have another immense Rockstar hangover (I really didn't think that was even possible, but trust me ... I feel it).
Because of something a friend said, I have also come to the sober cognizance (there is another new word for you, Missy) that in the last few months (heck, maybe even years) there has been an incredible lack of accomplishment and worthwhile contributions made on my part toward ministry. Really I feel that it has been so very long since I actually made a concerned effort to tell someone about Jesus and actually cared to talk to someone about their life and what they were struggling with. At some point, I simply stopped caring about the feelings and labors of others and fell into this happy contentment of just playing at a game called "Christian" instead.
I am working toward something new though and I am asking God to provide me with the energy and resources, the encouragement of friends and family, and the guidance to make the most of the precious time he has allotted for me.
What is it that you once planned for your life; that one big goal you dreamed and cried about ... have you achieved it yet? What great things have you set before yourself to spur you on ... are they in your grasp now? Are they even within sight anymore? Tell me.
P.S. At the Phil Noto gallery show (Überbot - Winterpark, FL) tonight, the man had so much great artwork ... all completed in under a week. Simply phenomenal. My favorite piece was definitely "Debutante". Check 'em out.
- Beginning again
- Have you ever arrived at that moment in life when you know that you have wanted to do something important; to get it done and feel good about it; to diligently stive to complete a task, both consistently and on schedule? Have you ever just wanted to start things over again and try once ...
- Friday, the 17th
- Argh! I have been putting this post off for a while now and THIS is only like the fouth version I have written. I keep trying to find the right words and emotions (or is that inflections?), but it keeps coming out wrong. Instead of sounding sincere, all I hear in my head is vapid ...
- Thursday the 9th
- Today was really a pretty exceptional day. The usual hanging out with friends and eating lunch togther, of course ... but I even worked in some sketching and inking, spray painting a new project and a little bass practice too. Last night's LOST fall season finale was quite spectacular. Maybe not so much, in that ...
- Day #18 – Love
- Sometimes, the best things in life are the simplest. Jodie and I enjoyed a great day together, starting with the service at Southside Christian Church this week.It was an especially nice day, since I got to play acoustic guitar … ah, the fun! ...
- Thursday, feeling unaccomplished
- I haven't been sleeping well lately. I am not really sure of the reasons, but I do know I am feeling the effects. The past couple of days I have slept at least 8 hours, if not more, and I feel so much more tired than when I went to bed ... which is ridiculous ...