Tuesday, the 14th
What is the deal with people expecting me to speaking another language? Why, just because of my "heritage", is it assumed that I can speak Spanish and frowned upon that I don't? I did not migrate to this country ... I was born here. The language I choose to speak and the language I was educated in is English. That is it. That is all. Nothing more.
I do not define myself by, now two-generation-removed cultural influences and ancestral practices. I was born as me. That is all. No instinctual preferences toward Hispanic colors, music, or anything else were hereditarily passed along. I am only me. Nothing more.
Maybe when I am older and need to fall back on something to give my children a sense of "home", "pride" and maybe even some of that time-honored "heritage", I'll give it a looksie, but right now, I am just me. Nu'u'uthing more.
And what in the world is the deal with those same people being oblivious to the fact that they have yet to "re-claim" their own heritage. How many white caucasians do you know that speak German or Irish or even the King's English, for crying out loud. How many, huh? Why can't they embrace their own ancestrial goofiness and then come bother me about ignoring my "culture" afterwards. Hmm? Blah! Humbug!
At any rate, the fine folks over at Threadless are having another $10 sale. Jump on it, you fool. Those shirts are superb and sooner or later, some of those will be my shirts up fo sale.
- Tumbling Trailers
- Yet another thick set of movie trailer reviews by Oscar ... It Might Get Loud This looks fantastic. It is coming to the Enzian on Sunday ... anyone want to join me in seeing it? The Book of Eli Interesting ... I wasn't so sure about Mila Kunis and the whole post-apocalypictic story, but this new trailer makes it ...
- Stephen Gilpin
- Stephen Gilpin (Stee-vin Gill-pin) Born: 1977 Stephen Gilpin was born in 1977 and grew up in Iola, Kansas where from an early age he developed a taste for drawing strange things. He graduated with honors from the NYC School of Visual Arts where he had studied painting and cartooning. He currently lives in Tulsa, OK with his ...
- Rabbit Trails
- Start cleaning off your desktops ... sometime this weekend, the bomb of new desktops will land and land hard it will. I mean, we're talking about like 2 months of backlog desktops here. Also, for you wiki-fanatics, check out my lil' side project, RabbitTrails.com. Mmmm ... fun. A new format for past projects should ...
- Thursday, with Tie and Ty
- Sometimes love isn't all that you want it to be. Sometimes you do things that provoke anger and frustration from what you thought for certain was love. Occassionally you find yourself tired, alone and needing someone's help to put out the fire you started with ill-conceived words and misplaced emotions. We all make mistakes; in ...
- Saturday, the 11th
- What do you do when you have a free Saturday with no prior plans? I spent most of mine sleeping since Friday night was pretty crazy and late-night goodness, but I definitely followed it up with a few of my favorite lazy Saturday activities. Here's a decent-sized list, if you are looking for some ideas ...