Monday, the 13th
Here is the PDF-printable version of this Color Me!
Love is only as good as you make it out to be. Dating and marriage can only reflect what is put into those relationships. I think both are very much like any precious piece of art or well-crafted literary wonder. The more time you commit and the more energy you sacrifice, the better the results. Nobody every painted something admire-able that did not cost them. Nobody ever pen'd inspiring words that wasn't already devoted to their work. It is the passion for their pursuit, their devotion to their dream that gave them success. Love isn't any different.
Love requires patience. It thrives on understanding one another's shortcomings and seeing past each other's faults. Love demands committment and faithfulness. It withers under the weight of half-hearted intentions and ulterior motives. Love thirsts for personal interest and sincere caring. It is built upon a foundation of trust and assurance and it crumbles when left in the path of jealously and suspicion.
"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails ..." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
Today I took a step toward something better; a leap in the direction of something aspiring to be love. I asked God to give me what was needed to achieve my goal, to build me into a better man and a better husband. It is a bit daunting and truthfully, it is a walkway fraught with past failures and their evidences. I am sure you would agree that it can be difficult to attempt a relationship-based improvement under the scrutiny of your former mistakes and limitations. It can be so intimidating to be the one to take the first step needed to bring a relationship back to its height ... especially if you were part of the cause of its downfall.
But I am glad to say that today was one great day.
- Friday, the 17th
- Argh! I have been putting this post off for a while now and THIS is only like the fouth version I have written. I keep trying to find the right words and emotions (or is that inflections?), but it keeps coming out wrong. Instead of sounding sincere, all I hear in my head is vapid ...
- Morning's Dawn
- I am wounded with much injure,due in fault to my own perjury.With this day’s new dawn,my wound is open, anew … and now, un-gone.I have dreamed a lover’s dream,one of hope and peace serene.It was filled with love and its desires,a past pushed to forgetful mires.It hurts and pains to dwell on you;you, that fleeting ...
- Sunday, 19th
- Today was a pretty good day. It starting with church at Poinciana, lunch with Jeff and Allison at Chipotle and a new necklace for Jodie. It got really cool when we stumbled upon the Kissimmee Art Festival on Main Street and Tyler and me at the Death Cab for Cutie concert (UCF Arena - Orlando, FL). ...
- Saturday, the 2nd
- How well do you know your iTunes Library? I think I know mine pretty well, but I am still finding tracks that either don't have names or I have never even heard. Like last month, I totally discovered some great songs by Coldplay that I didn't even know were in there. Just today, I found/re-discovered ...
- The Boy
- This is a painting I just did on my hoodie. I have come to the happy realization that I have more fun painting on my clothes/bags/hands/etc than on paper sometimes. I ran into a little boy today on the way to the market. His hair was matted down and his feet were dirty from the city ...