Thursday the 9th
Today was really a pretty exceptional day. The usual hanging out with friends and eating lunch togther, of course ... but I even worked in some sketching and inking, spray painting a new project and a little bass practice too.
Last night's LOST fall season finale was quite spectacular. Maybe not so much, in that we now have to wait four months for a new episode, but more because the story is teetering on a precarious enough point that I think I can make it through the dry spell. Just pass me another great DVD-based serial so I can wash away my anxiety. :). I am also really enjoying Heroes. Aside from tossing around any spoilers, I can say that I love where things are going. I had many doubts about the show, just into the second episode, but I am now definitely seated and ready for more.
So where are things headed for me? What are those lofty dreams I feel the need to start running toward? Hmm. Sitting back and thinking along those lines kinda hurts my back ... or my heart, really. Knowing that many times, I really wish I was in a different place, doing a different job, kinda gives me heartache a little. As much as I love FCC, I don't think it is really where I want to be right now. I don't even know that Illustrative is where I want to be. Sure I tend to be as wishi-washi as my laundry soap on a shiny disco floor, but I continually feel the need for more. I want more art in my life. More creating and do-ing. Less telephon'ing and typing.
Well, let's talk dreams then. If nothing else mattered; if reality wasn't standing with its foot out to trip me, what would I want to be doing right now? How about a full-time design studio, run by me and a couple of friends? We create our own stuff and screen-print our own shirts? That's not too shabby. I'm not sure how financially sound it is, but I know it would be "rock-my-socks" every day good. What about me working at Pixar or Disney? Pretty amazing, I think. Not only would I have to work hard to get there, but I would be challenged in my artistry daily ... something that is definitely missing right now. How about teaching at a great-sounding schools like Full-Sail or Ringley? I could see myself as a professor that spending his free time surfing on some sweet beaches, no doubt.
I'll leave you to ponder those ... and what the heck ... why not share your hopes and dreams? Lay it on me. What is it you would want to be doing right now if life took you there instead of here? Oh and here is a cute little guy for you to color. Later.
- Monday, the 13th
- Here is the PDF-printable version of this Color Me! Love is only as good as you make it out to be. Dating and marriage can only reflect what is put into those relationships. I think both are very much like any precious piece of art or well-crafted literary wonder. The more time you commit and ...
- Morning's Dawn
- I am wounded with much injure,due in fault to my own perjury.With this day’s new dawn,my wound is open, anew … and now, un-gone.I have dreamed a lover’s dream,one of hope and peace serene.It was filled with love and its desires,a past pushed to forgetful mires.It hurts and pains to dwell on you;you, that fleeting ...
- Not a time to look back
- Ga' ah! The last real post was on the 13th and now it is the early morning of the 27th ... but I am not in the mood to look back or anything. There were some good things that happened and plenty of crappy ones, too ... but I am okay with letting it all ...
- Friday, the 17th
- Argh! I have been putting this post off for a while now and THIS is only like the fouth version I have written. I keep trying to find the right words and emotions (or is that inflections?), but it keeps coming out wrong. Instead of sounding sincere, all I hear in my head is vapid ...
- Color Me Donkey
- I have had such a mash of wise and helpful words run through my head the past couple of days. In chapel last Tuesday, the speaker reminded us to look inward first for the cause of problems in building a strong community in the church. At Gateway Christian Church in Tennessee last Sunday, Jodie's dad ...