Mac Tip Quickies
So in past couple of days I have found my way into a few nice Mac tips/improvements ... and now you can reap the benefits.
- Wondering what all those arbitrarily-named processes showing up in Actvity Viewer are? No problem. Just do a Google search for "Activity Viewer [blank]" ... replacing the [blank] with the name of the process. Gets it every time.
- Need a cheap replacement for Roxio's Toast Titanium? Check out the freeware, Burn. Simple and straightfoward, it uses OS X's built-in features to handling all your media-burning needs ... including appendable discs.
- Still upset with the way Safari handles Microsoft's Outlook Web Access? Annoyed with either having to enter your password repeatedly or resort to using Firefox? I was too, until I was able to change that one small setting that made web access work in Entourage on my Mac. So exciting!
Oh and isn't this the nicest picture of Simpsons family togetherness you have ever seen?
Blogged with Flock
- Electrical Mayhem
- Thanks to more than just a few severe lightning storms in Central Florida (specifically, right where I live), we have been without internet access for 4 days ... hope you didn't get discouraged from the lack of blog postings and such. Today and tomorrow I will be getting caught up on all my blogs, including ...
- Gone Girl (2012)
- 3 out 5 condescendingly accurate analogies I'm taking the next few days working at home, as I managed to catch the inevitable flu that has been circling our house, roommate to roommate. That, of course, means that while I am not fully up to being productive, I still can't shut off my brain and sleep during ...
- Wireless Woes
- For the past few weeks I have been experiencing an issue with my MBP not properly connecting to wireless networks immediately after a restart or on opening from Sleep mode. Most times, the Airport menulet would indicate full strength, but a quick ping test in Terminal confirmed that no actual network connectivity was happening. I searched ...
- Fixing Web Sharing after the Snow Leopard install
- I've mentioned this great article before for instructions on enabling the built-in PHP5 functionality of 10.5 Leopard (this article is not so bad either), but with 10.6 Snow Leopard install I did today, I found that I was getting "403 Forbidden" errors when trying to access the localhost, so I thought I would share this ...
- Fishy Fishy
- Here fishy fish fishy. Come here. Come eat this piece of coral. Good fishy. It was a lazy Saturday this weekend, and with everyone studying for the FCC Bible Comp Test, we had to resort to drastic measures to entertain those of us that were bored out of our minds. The solution? Painting of course! This one ...