Agent of the Month
So, pretty sweet ... my big sis, Jessica, was named Agent of the Month with Geek Squad ... for the WHOLE company. Not too shabby. Below the fold I am posting part of her interview, since she's got some good words to say about client/customer interaction.
Time with Geek Squad:
Two years with Geek Squad, four with Best Buy
What's your secret to becoming agent of the month?
"Never giving up my secret identity. OK, not really. It's knowing the limitations of myself and my fellow agents so that I never over promise. Nothing makes me more frustrated than hearing a client tell us about what was promised and NOT delivered."
What's your store's secret for success?
"Tell it like it is. If it's a parent dropping off the computer and they ask why it's broken and the reason is P2P or pr0n, break it to them gently. Explaining how/why helps them prevent future problems. I've learned that not telling them leads to suspicion about what we're doing and if we're doing it right."The top things you like to offer customers:
- Belkin routers: They have a lifetime warranty and nobody ever plugs their routers into a surge protector or battery backup.
- Quality service: I like nothing better than repeat customores who know me. They're the first ones to stick up for me and what I'm saying and to get other customers to follow my recommendations.
- Automated data backup - online or external hard drive: Nothing's worse than losing all the songs you paid for.
- Updated Client Login
- Well, I finally got a chance to implement the really snazzy Client Login reveal animation I had originally wanted for the site. I always liked the idea of it coming from behind the site ... sort of hidden for just our "secret" friends. :) Be sure to check it out (and probably change your ...
- You might have notice that the Dra Studio, Two in Review, Paper the City, Illustrative HQ, and other Oscar-related projects were down for more than a few hours a couple of weekends ago. It wasn’t from anything I did … trust me.It turns out that (mt) was experiencing some issues in the resolution of and ...
- Backup Delight
- Looking for ways to get the most use out of Mac OS X Spotlight technology? Here is one of my favorites: Backing up Files Whenever I make a new backup CD, I use a great little application called Print Window to create a PDF folder list of the files on that CD. I do this with all ...
- More Virginia Photos
- Hey gang ... guys, gals, and the rest of ya'll. Ok. Enough of that. Here are the next batch of photos ... these are from Sunday ... sorry, no pictures were taken on Monday, though I guess I could upload some of the many many pages of sketches I did for the Northside logo ... nah! ...
- Dark Knight
- Me and Matthew are thinking about dressing up as Batman and Robin for Halloween (or Lite Nite really). We are going for the uber-geek, but poor college kid look. Here is a concept sketch of my costume. Rubbermaid gloves, Wal-Mart Batman mask, and blue jeans and kicks to finish it off. It should be a lot ...