Swinging into Action!
Aha! Finally the first Spider-Man 3 trailer has arrived. The sweet 480p version is setting itself into the zeros and ones of my hardrive as I type this. Check it out and let me know your thoughts!Also, if you haven't already peep'd the trailer for Ghost Rider, stop dilly-dallying and get to it! It already looks really great and if you know a bit about the story behind Nicholas Cage and superhero movies, you know he has a lot of passion to bring to this film.
Update: You can read my thoughts on the new SM3 trailer below the fold ... just no peeking until you watch it!Okay so here we go:
- Looks like they are still filming, as there really wasn't any of the symbiote shape-shifting sweetness going on ... and as Matt put it so well, "that is all done in post production." They just better keep it real when it comes to the alien symbiote that eventually turns Eddie Brock into Venom ... and if they are smart, they'll have taken a look at the extraordinary writing that was done in the Spider-Man : The Venom Factor novel ... that story made me want a symbiote of my own!
- So it's true. Topher Grace is in place as Peter Parker's semi-rival, Eddie Brock. There really wasn't much to his introduction in the trailer, but his look seems to fit the bill much better than I though he could. Now if only they can get some of that legendary maniacal rage to come across when he hits his Venom stride.
- Matt and I were talking and from what the trailer showed so far, it really doesn't look like Venom has much of a role; the story seems to be revolving around Harry Osbourne laying claim to the Green Goblin personae, with a sub-plot of Sandman as a villian. If that is accurate, that means Marvel could be setting us up for yet another film, this time with the resolution to the Venom story ... which is fine by me. I mean, I love the whole Venom story (the FOX cartoon saga based on it is fantastic) and the though that it might give us another great Spidey flim is very pleasing.
- Spider-Man in black ... so astounding (or if you prefer the vernacular - 'so pimp!')! Seriously though, when the symbiote version of Spider-Man comes into play, it looks to be really really good.
- At one point you see Peter in a stepple by a large bell ... o yeah, that should be good!
- Sandman looks great! We all already know that good looking CG sand-effects are possible, thanks in large part to The Mummy. Thomas Haden Church really looks good for this role ... and the icing on the cake is him in his typical green striped shirt. Ah! ... I love Marvel.
- And finally, the Mary Jane and Harry love interest might be a little bit played out, but when Peter starts to slip into the darkness that the alien symbiote brings, and he apparently finds a new love interest ... it is gonna be good.
Blogged with Flock
- Comeback Kid Trailers
- A fresh set of trailers for you to enjoy this wonderful March weekend. Enjoy! Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter This video is super goofy! Good thing it is just to promote the book and not for anything serious. The Runaways Looks like this possibly good idea has a full trailer now ... I'm still not sure about Dakota Fanning ...
- Summer Trailings
- Here’s Round Three of my upcoming movie trailer reviews … this time curteous of the sweet HD Movie Trailers section of the iTunes Store that I forgot was there.Dan in Real Life – Was it just me or was this an unusual story-line that developed as the trailer went on? I won’t see this because ...
- Elizabethtown (2005)
- 4 out of 5 drunken bathrobe rendezvousesDirected by Cameron Crowe Isn't it funny how sometimes just the look of a movie trailer can entice you enough to want to see the movie? Or how it can make you so anxious for the movie, you wait in anticipation for months just to catch another glimpse? That is ...
- Comic-Con Sketches
- So for being our first Comic Con, thing went really well. Not only did we get a chance to score some sweet sketches, meet some of the faces behind the names of artist we really enjoy, but we also got to hang and chat with lots of fun people. Here are some of the sketches ...
- Trailers Gore Galore
- So I know that I have been hitting the movie trailers pretty hard this week, but really, what is wrong with that? Here I go again, this time with some trailers that Jodie probably won’t want to watch with me.Saw IV – Wow. Not really much of a trailer at all … but then again, ...