My entry for today. Lately, I really haven't had anything specific in mind to draw, but I know I am supposed to keep it up every day, so I am working on that ... though it doesn't really help that I haven't really like any of the last Illustration Friday themes. "Dance", "Rain", "Butt" ... I mean, come on! :)
I might try to work up a color version of this, but then again ... me working for a robot ... I don't know if I should submit so early in on in the invasion period. It doesn't bode well for the whole "pride of humanity" thing. We'll see.
I read a great post over at Max Hsu's blog on Friday ... about his thoughts on post processing of photos (mainly in tools like Photoshop). One thing he said was probably one of the more sucinct reasonings behind using RAW photo format:
The best way to start with posting is to shoot RAW if you can. RAW format is exactly what the camera's sensor sees and unlike a jpeg may contain as much as 2 extra stops of highlight or shadow information. RAW also allows you to squeeze enough information out of it that you can make HDRs. Of course, you'll need a raw converter or a recent version of iphoto.
During our great MOH session in the FCC Library classroom on Thursday, I got to fend off the mighty Shelob ... check out a picture of the monster, if you dare!
Oh yeah ... Vanessa ichat'd me a link to the Official Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Production Crew blog. Pretty cool so far.
Blogged with Flock
- Sunday in Good Form
- Thanks to some of that silly relationship garbage being out of my life (at least for now), I have been working really hard and getting plenty of things off my To-Do list (for which, by the way, I am currently using a mixture of Ta-da Lists and Basecamp). Since I still haven't gotten the Dra Studio ...
- Alright everybody. Ready your faces for this! My first ever attempt at anything in a comic style format. That's right ... from pencils to digital colors (coming very soon!), with blocked out cells and topping it off with some cherry typography. O happy day! Enjoy the sketch. It was a something that got stuck in my ...
- What's the Haps, My man?
- Wondering what has been going down lately at the Studio? Let me fill you in. Jodie is working her heart out at her internship (Music Ed, natch'), and so hasn't made too many new desktops. There are a few and I will get those up in the upcoming days. Her internship keeps her pretty busy, so ...
- Two Days
- ** This is the color version of my Alphabet Soup sketch ... makes you kinda hungry, doesn't it? ** So, sadly enough ... the Chick-fil-A opening we had all planned on was canceled at the last minute (or at least, we only found out about it at the last minute) and we found ourselves with two ...
- Corporate Identities
- While watching one of my recent favorite podcasts, command N, I followed a link to this site, which contains this fantastic collection of corporate identies ... and not just images of their logos, but full descriptions, creative teams, Pantone colors, and typefaces. Exhaustive in its information, this site is a great way to spend a ...