Let me just start off by saying that, as boring as my dayjob feels this morning, I had such a great time this weekend with my family. Everybody ('cept Jess and Joey) were up here for Jodie's graduation on Friday (yay for my girl!) and then stuck around until Sunday afternoon.
In the way of delicious food, we hit up Roadhouse, Sonic and, most wonderfully, Whataburger. Oh, man. I though my Dad was crazy for all the talking he was doing about their food, but really I was the crazy one for not believing him. Such amazing hamburgers, onion rings and french fries ... and don't even get me started on their milkshakes! Even coming in at a whopping 1,100 calories each, those Large vanilla, strawberry and chocolate wonders will melt your heart away. Or at least get it started toward a heartattack. :)
So these past few days Jodie and I have been working at getting ready to move (we hear back either today or tomorrow on whether or not we are approved for the apartment, so keep praying for us!) ... so things are looking so miserable at the house. Boxes and crates all about, empty walls everywhere you look, and lots of sadness at the ending of such great times. By the way, in case you haven't heard, our good friends the Wilsons (you know, Adam and Vanessa) are packing up and moving this Thursday/Friday and will be leaving us for the more pleasantly weathered Kentucky/Tennessee area. So if we seem a bit down and moppy during the next couple days, weeks, years ... you know why. So far the only ray of sunshine in THAT gray sky is that if everything works out, Jodie and I will be heading up to Louisville, KY for the National Christian Convention (that's right ... looks like I will be rockin' it on the bass for the worship sessions) and we will get to spend some time with the Wilsons.
The sketch you see is my idea for what I will call a "consistency excercise". I am looking to develop one character that I can use for a long while and through him (Ferdinand), refine my ability to draw consistenly ... a much needed skill in animation, cartooning, etc. Hope you like his little Mexican mustache (that was for you, Tyler) as much as I do.
Here are some
Random Thoughts for the day:
“Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.” - Abbie Hoffman (that guy in the American flag shirt in Forrest Gump)
One Hebrew name of God that Jodie and I frequently discuss (thanks Doc Smith!) is Yaweh Yireh, which means "God Provides". It is so amazing how when you depend on God (i.e. financially), you can easily see the ways he does provide.
Looks like Thursday night is going to be Fat Kid movie fun, with at least Jodie, Tyler, Missy and I watching that great '95 movie classic, Heavyweights.
Ultimate Avengers was an "okay" Netflix rental, but I ended up not being able to finish it ... it just got way to campy for me. And there was definitely something that bothered me about a few of the voices that were chosen, especially Iron Man's.
- The Move …. finally!
- Ah! .... a sigh of relief. Finally. So it is official and it is complete. After many long hours of packing and carrying, and before that, even more long hours (and days) of worrying and praying ... we have moved to our new apartment. Jodie, me, all of our stuff, and the DRA Studio have ...
- Summertime Merriment
- The time of summer is a upon us and if you find yourself with lots of free time like I have, you will need some distractions. Allow me to recommend the following: Find your local library and check out some books, movies, and DVDs. Seriously. It's free and fun! Buy a Mac. Okay, so this one isn't ...
- The Island (2005)
- 4 out of 5 flammable nike suitsDirected by Michael Bay Unique and under appreciated. Great acting by Ewan and Scarlett and some really amazing chase sequences. Definitely a good Netflix choice if you are looking for an action-filled movie night. Just watch out for that one "F-bomb" that they sneak in right near the end of ...
- Sleepy? Me too!
- No truer statement was made than the one by Jodie at dinner the other night (at Chick-fil-A, of course! Yay for sweet all-nighter coupons!) ... if I am not getting enough sleep, more than likely, it is Eric's fault. ;) Seriously, it was great having Eric with us this week. Not only did Evenstar make some ...
- On Sunday, Jodie and I had a great time celebrating our 7 year anniversary. It was technically a day early, but that was only because my current Full Sail teaching schedule has me coming home pretty late/early (depends on how you look at it). We enjoyed our traditional meal at the Cheesecake Factory and a late ...