On Saturday Jodie and I headed over to the lovely UCF campus so Jodie could complete the last of her teacher certification exams. I (very happily) got to spend the day hanging out in the UCF Library. While Jodie scan-tron'd away, I got to spend some time designing a new wallpaper, drawing the evil Michelle Monster (more on that later) and enjoying the movie, MirrorMask (more on that later, too).
After Jodie finished her first test, we watched an episode of The Office and then went to Panera Bread for lunch. Although we enjoyed our delicious meal, we really could have done without the mother that decided to breast-feed her child at the booth across from us. Good thing we had Margie's new MySpace photos to keep us distracted. (Oh, and we watched this funny video, too!)
(Oh, while at UCF, Jodie's car wouldn't start one time, so it looks like I will have to spend some time checking "the connections" to the battery, as well as get the alternator tested at Advance.)
Jodie took her second test after lunch and then we heading home for a very short while (Vanessa just got some new camera equipment ... she managed to shoot her flash more than a few times right in my eyes!). We ate lunch with the girls (Erin Tyree, Michelle Diamond, and Courtney and Christi Randazzanazzanah ... yeah ...) and the Wilsons at Chick-fil-A, of course.
We attempted to take Adam's newly completed Ford Fairlane over to Old Towne for "the cruise", but apparently they are starting to trim down the acceptable cars and his had just a bit "too much rust." After spending a few moments checking out some of the classic cars, Adam, Vanessa and I headed over to the LOOP for some Ben & Jerry's (mmmhmmm for Cherry Garcia!).
- Movie Trailer Mash
- After a fun night out, our movie review gang (Jodie, Courtney, Jimison and I) headed back home and watched a couple of new movie trailers. Enjoy!Man in the Chair – “Hey, its the Karate Kid for film-makers!” – JimisonThe Perfect Holiday – “I saw Mommie cap’n Santa” … “probably gonna be the funniest line in ...
- So this past weekend was really fun ... we headed down South with the Chessers to First Christian Church of Pompano's 50th Anniversary. Got to see some really old friends and some just really old people ... One of the highlights, as always, was the time I got to spend with my family. I just never ...
- Narrow Stairs
- This week, I bought the latest Death Cab for Cutie album, Narrow Stairs and it is just so gorgeous. The sound is immersive and the lyrics are spell-binding.As I was reading a devotion this morning from Psalms, I fell into some thoughts about the song “I Will Possess Your Heart” that gave it some real ...
- Comeback Trailers
- I know it's been a while, but we are back! Hanging around the Manor today, we decided to join in some trailer fun. Check 'em out and chime in if you want. Extraterrestrial: "Boo for just a teaser trailer! But this looks like fun." - Oscar Polisse: "Well at least the music sounds good." - Jodie "I don't know why ...
- Matthew Perry isn’t here
- Ugh. This is clear indication that I need to be spending more time with my sketchbook and Wacom tablet and less cultivating whatever talent constantly reading Twitter has the capability to expand. No, it's not Matthew Perry. Yes, I would love if it made you think of Chandler ... especially any moment when he is wide-eyed ...