1 out of 5 possibly missing childrenDirected by Robert Schwentke
I didn't really enjoy this one, so let's make it quick.
Jodie Foster is quite good at the role she was handed ... she really convinced me that she was absolutely out of her mind!
Basically, with this movie there comes a point when you have to choose sides; either you have a tendency toward paranoia and hysterics and you choose to believe Kyle's insane ramblings OR you approach problems in life with a clear understanding of logical facts and common sense discernment and you chose instead to assume that she is suffering from symptoms of post-traumatic stress syndrome.
Unfortunately, sometimes in life (or maybe just in movie plots) you find ourself at the end of a long, dramatic ordeal ... and you are on the wrong side of the riverbank - left alone with your logical conclusions, while everybody else is being rescued. Needless to say, having held on to the wrong deductions for the entirely of the movie, when it came time for the plot twist, I felt much more embittered and frustrated than surprised. Grrr.
Why even give it one star? The title sequence is absolutely fantastic ... seriously! It was really the only high point for me.
- Electrical Mayhem
- Thanks to more than just a few severe lightning storms in Central Florida (specifically, right where I live), we have been without internet access for 4 days ... hope you didn't get discouraged from the lack of blog postings and such. Today and tomorrow I will be getting caught up on all my blogs, including ...
- Denied! Stamp
- Just a fun little thing I did for Erica at work today. She is having to deal with so many crazy kids and their silly concepts about how they are right and (of course) Student Life is wrong. This would, most definitely, be one of the cooler rubber stamps for someone in the world to make. ...
- Faced with Surprise
- Margie asked to see how I use my Wacom tablet, so I made up this little illustration of maybe me? (not sure ... Jodie said the nose is obviously wrong). I think the next illustration I work on, I will work to improve my shading ... I want to get to the point of being able ...
- Free Willy (1993)
- 3 out of 5 ketchup-covered wedding cakesDirected by Simon Wincer Describing this movie is so difficult ... in one word, Magical. In several more words, Cheesy '90s Movie with a Bleeding Heart for Native Americans and Orca Whales. This is a classic that no one should ever escape this life without seeing. Unless of course you take ...
- Friday, the 17th
- Argh! I have been putting this post off for a while now and THIS is only like the fouth version I have written. I keep trying to find the right words and emotions (or is that inflections?), but it keeps coming out wrong. Instead of sounding sincere, all I hear in my head is vapid ...