Time for Family traditions!
To go along with this wonderful picture I rediscovered this morning (it was just lingering around in my iPhoto Library!) ... here are some young Cortez family traditions that you might be interesting in adopting for yourself.
1. Birthdays. They are so important ... they should be appreciated ... all day long. Which means, if you are in school, you get the day off. If you work for a living, you get the day off. If you take the day off for a living ... well, you get the idea. Birthday = Day Off.
2. Birthweek. For this family tradition, we got to coin a new phrase. If you celebrate a birthday all week long, you can't call it anything else, but a "birthweek".
Basically, this is one is about having fun, doing crazy good awesome things and generally celebrating that special someone ... but all week long. Go to the movies, buy them cupcakes, take 'em fishing ... whatever. Just be sure they know ... all week along that they are having a Happy Birthweek!
BTW, if you have a Mac and are looking for a really pretty set of photos to use as your screen-saver, go to your Screen Saver settings, choose the ".Mac" item in the list and type in "ocortez" as the dotMac username. Fluffy, huh?
- Belated Birthday Wishes
- Unfortunately, it seems like we may have overlooked a very important holiday ... Mr. Chesser's Birthday! (That's Jodie's dad and Professor Chesser to you!). Now don't think of us as bad people. It's not as if we "technically" forgot about his Birthday and didn't celebrate it with him earlier on in the week. It's just ...
- Friday, the 24th
- Oh man ... nothing feels better than sleeping in and not being a part of all those crazy kids and their silly Black Friday shopping. I mean, it's cool that Jodie, Ana, and David got up at 4am and hit it up for some great deals (What's up, Margie? Missing out two years in a ...
- I am 24!
- Yes! Finally! Now I am old enough to ... to ... um ... er ... drink? Nope. Smoke? Nah. Go clubbin'? Ehh. Oh wait, I got it. The best and only way to celebrate your 24th Birthday is to lose your Canadian Citizenship! How could I forget. :) Thanks for all the "Happy Birthday" goodness ...
- Movie Quiz #2 Tie Breaker Questions
- For the three contestant who tied on Movie Quiz #2 here is the ultimate in family movie questions! #1 What was the first name of the sled in Cool Runnings and why was that name suggested? Tuloolah, the name of Junior's mother #2 What was Sleeping Beauty's real name? Aurora (Briar Rose was her fake name while in ...
- Saturday, 18th
- Whoa ... what a sobering morning. Things have been insanely awesome the past 4 ... 5 ... however many days (it all runs together when you don't actually sleep ;)) and now I have another immense Rockstar hangover (I really didn't think that was even possible, but trust me ... I feel it). Because of something ...