The One Minute Manager
The One Minute Manager
Written by Kenneth Blanchard, Ph.D. and Spencer Johnson, M.D.
Something I had to read for work. Probably an interesting read for some and maybe even beneficial on some subconscious level for me, but really, I just found it to be a load of tripe. I mean, there are some intriguing ideas and possibly useful concepts, but you have to wade through all the bogus emotions and campy dialogue to get to them. To me, it was really not worth it.
Here are some the most interesting statements that I found in the read:
"Feedback is the Breakfast of Champions." - That is how I feel about blogging. It is all worth it, as long as I get to hear some comments back from people.
"[When reprimanding someone] comment on [their] behavior and not on [their] worth as a person."
"Someone [once] asked Einstein what his phone number was [and] he went to the phone book to look it up. He said he never cluttered his mind with information he could find somewhere else."
- Mature Love (2/1/06)
- Philipians 1:9-11 Paul here tells us that a mature love increases in knowledge and discernment. PROPOSITION: A mature love increases in knowledge and discernment I. YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND JUDGMENT NEEDS TO WORK WITH YOUR LOVE Knowledge is a key part of love that enhances the quality of love. Now the knowledge and discernment that Paul speaks of here is relating ...
- A Culture of Discipline
- While reading a book for work, "Good to Great" by Jim Collins, I found myself at this statement: "A culture of discipline involves a duality. On the one hand, it requires people who adhere to a consistent system; yet, on the other hand, it gives people freedom and responsibility within the framework of that system." Sounds familiar ...
- Night is Late on March Eight
- If you're reading this in the wee hours of the morning on March 8, then I congratulate you ... and I reward you with three links to add some internet fun to you night/morning. Here you go: MaxWax - Weblog by Superchic[k]'s Max Hsu. He always has some great life insight, music/instrument enjoyment and lots ...
- Wireless Woes
- For the past few weeks I have been experiencing an issue with my MBP not properly connecting to wireless networks immediately after a restart or on opening from Sleep mode. Most times, the Airport menulet would indicate full strength, but a quick ping test in Terminal confirmed that no actual network connectivity was happening. I searched ...
- Two for Today
- Actually, these are for Friday. The ones for Saturday and Sunday are being colored and I will put them up when they are done. These two were ideas for shirts for Fat Threads. You know what? Tell me what you think! No, really! I would love to actually get to read some comments on any of ...