Wallace & Gromit : Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)
Astounding animation. Delightful characters. Family fun for all. In just a few nutty peanut shells, that is what you can expect from the new Wallace and Gromit film.
I have always enjoyed the animated shorts that feature these two and seeing them in their own full-length feature film was just wonderful.
Besides the superb (and really, extremely detailed) stop motion animation, this film is build on an excellent plot driven foundation, with well thought-out characters and more than just a few witty lines and funny moments.
In my curiousity to learn more about how this well-crafted movie was made, I came across this quote on Wikipedia:
"Plasticine modelling clay on wire frames, and filmed with stop motion animation. This process is sometimes known as "claymation", although this term was trademarked by Will Vinton Studios and is properly applied only to works generated there."
If you get the chance, be sure to watch all the special features on this DVD, especially the "Day in the Life of" feature, which is about the Aardman Animation Studio.
- Brian Taylor
- Brian Taylor (Bry-an Taylore) Born: Unknown "I come from a design and advertising background, starting out as a designer, then over the years getting into traditional illustration, and then computer illustration when the Mac came along. I had tried animation as a teenager - stop motion, plasticine, that kind of thing - but could never get the ...
- Orange County (2002)
- 3 out of 5 mistaken pill bottles Even though I am feeling a bit under the weather today (I'm not sure if it is the flu or just a bad sore throat), I am still trying be up and about, doing things. So while taking care of the dishes in the sink and eating lunch, I ...
- Monsters, Inc. (2001)
- 5 out of 5 growling toilet seatsDirected by Peter Docter Another visual masterpiece from the gang over at Pixar, "Monsters, Inc." is a tantalizing treat for the eyes, ears and laughs ... er, mouth. Though everyone seems to love the dead-pan, fighting-through-gravel voice of Roz, my personal favorite is Mike Wazowski. No matter how many times I ...
- "Japanese Walt Disney"
- This morning I just happened to catch the fact that Turner Classic Movies is running a tribute to Hayao Miyazaki (maybe just this month?) on Thursday nights. Here is an excerpt from their biography article about him: "Known as the 'Japanese Walt Disney,' Hayao Miyazaki is one of his country's outstanding directors of animation. His internationally ...
- Backing up Tweets
- The longer Twitter continues without a solid business model, the less trusting I become in the stability of their social system and in the safe-keeping of all those tweets I have spent so much time in writing. In fact, I think a problem that is going to surface very soon (once more people become aware ...