Saturday, the 7th
Link of the Day:
Movies I watched:
Chip & Dale Cartoons - Disc 1
Smallville - Season 3 - Disc 1
Thought for the day:
â€œGUNFIRE AROUND us makes it hard to hear. But the human voice is different from other sounds. It can be heard over noises that bury everything else. Even when itâ€™s not shouting. Even when itâ€™s just a whisper. Even the lowest whisper can be heard - -over armiesâ€¦ when itâ€™s telling the truth.â€ - A. Zuwanie, The Interpreter
- A while back I took like 80 different pictures of myself before heading to work ... that's right ... 80! I was trying to capture what everyone knows to be my many emotions and crazy silly faces. Here is a sketch of one of those. A bunch of those pictures were really nice ... especially since ...
- Sunday, the 3rd
- Starting out amazing and ending on the same high note, today was a definite improvement from one week ago. Hardly any of the emotional nonsense, and an overflowing amount of enjoyment with friends, church and art. I haven't had the opportunity to play my bass in quite a bit (though IMPACT is on the horizon ;)), ...
- Platinum Sounds
- After fiddling with some older older backups, a couple attempts to install from a Mac OS 9 CD and trying to extract files from the "Classic" emulation app, I finally realized that I could get my hands on the original "Platinum Sounds" Apple soundset from Courtney's older IBook G4. Of course, it was mainly so ...
- Narrow Stairs
- This week, I bought the latest Death Cab for Cutie album, Narrow Stairs and it is just so gorgeous. The sound is immersive and the lyrics are spell-binding.As I was reading a devotion this morning from Psalms, I fell into some thoughts about the song “I Will Possess Your Heart” that gave it some real ...
- Saturday, the 14th
- Since last night was a late night Firefly watching with the Wilsons, I thought it best to sleep in this morning. Jodie and I got up around 10-ish, but with no real plans, other than picking our car up from the shop (nice expensive brake work ... thank you very much), I mostly just hung ...