Below is something I wrote for one of the older versions of the site ... and as you can see ... I wasn't having the best of days and I was feeling pretty bitter/depressed. Enjoy!
Here is me. Here is my hectic, sleepy, depressed, one-broken-wheel cart of life. All the way over in the aisle with the yams are my hopes, dreams and aspirations. And as much as I would like to wheel and squeak my way over there and plop them down on top of my milk and Oreos, I canâ€™t. Or at least it seems like I canâ€™t.
Even with the great comfort, assurance and effieciency that tools like Ta-da and Expose provide for me, I constantly feel as though I have accomplished nothing. Even with a head yearning for sleep and eyes weary from staring at pixel bits, my task lists look longer than ever. And every day I can hear myself speak again those promising words of completion and normalcy â€¦ just to be defeated by another rest-less night. Another moment full of ideas creative wonders, all of which will never see the light of day. Iâ€™m too busy looking for a bottle of it among the shaving cream and hair gel.
This newest re-visioning and restructuring of the DRA Studio is nothing more than my newest feeble attempt to maintain a successful, constant outlet for my creative and profession labor. It was, of course, doomed before it even took form â€¦ more likely than not, it will be waiting with me behind the large lady writing welfare checks in the Cash Only checkout line of my future. Striving hard for daily postings and constant updates, this too will probably flop and roll away, like so many lonely detached grapes in my fuit basket.
Powered by WordPress. Cheaper than SquareSpace. Come and enjoy these fleeting moments of frivolity and fun - youâ€™re likely to get your head caught in the automatic doors on your way out.
- Golden Nuggets
- The other day I was spouting random seeds of wisdom, that Courtney coined “golden nuggets” … enjoy! Oh, and I hope you enjoy my friend Hurly here …Indecision leads to missed opportunity.No one will think of you as a women until you acknowledge yourself as one.What she lacks in determination, she makes up for in ...
- Kunkel vs. Kungl?
- Yesterday I had a revelation. An astounding and fantastic revelation! Yesterday I realized that two of my favorite visual creators (it doesn't seem enough to call them just 'artists') share a first name and a near identical sounding last name. Meet Mike Kunkel and Michael Kungl. Both spectacular in their medium of art; both much more creative ...
- iPhone 3.0
- Apple just released the newest installment of iPhone software sweetness ... Three dot O! If you haven't already, head over the iPhone website or open up iTunes and get it. During the install my phone needed a quick restore, so I had to learn how to put it in recovery mode ... good to know, ...
- Day #5 – Flash Dreams
- Though I didn’t do much actual sleeping yesterday, this is definitely how I felt. Working to finish some last minute changes and additions to our DFP course and lecture materials, I filled my head with thoughts of Flash deployments and Pre-Production Process deliverables, instead of comfy cozy Zzzs.Along with weary eyes and a dizzy head, ...
- Pack it up, Thursday!
- So today I took the day off of work to help the Wilsons pack up for their big move ... and as much as I would want to describe it in words, pictures are so much better. So head over to my iPhoto page for the Big Wilson Move! Oh, and here are some more Ferdinand ...