Written by Kurt Busiek
Painted by Alex Ross
Just finished this one two nights ago and for the most part, it holds up to the high praise it received from the guys at Comic Geek Speak. The artwork was all Alex Ross, and although that is saying enough, it probably isn't. He is able to capture moments and characters in a astounding way that leaves you riveted and yearning for more. His depiction of Spider-Man, though not the conventional thin and un-humanly agile version, is my among my favorites - mainly, because of the realistic movements and positions Ross portrays him in. It becomes palpable that Spidey is an actual person, with a viable physique and stature.
My only point of contention or un-enjoyment was the way in which the book concluded. I won't spoil it for those of you that planning on reading it, but I have to say that I was disappointed. With the extraordinary writing in the first two "books", I felt that something was lacking in the resolution of the third.
Aside from that, I definitely recommend this to any Busiek reader and, of course, it is a must for any Ross fan. Enjoy.
- Kingdom Come
- Kingdom Come Written by Mark Waid Painted by Alex Ross One of my all time favorites, this was the book that brought me back to comics. I had been out of them for more than a few years and I just happened to pick this up one night at the Orlando Virgin Megastore. It is now one of ...
- Painted “Masks”
- Looks like I somehow missed the official announcement of what Alex Ross' new project would be for Dynamite Comics (Dynamite Entertainment). After him completely re-shaping how I thought of comic book art with his work in Kingdom Come and getting me to collect #1 issues for Justice just so I could display them, I can't ...
- Wang Guangyi
- Wang Guangyi Written by Karen Smith If seeking a single word to describe this book and its focal point, artist Wang Guangyi, my choice would be, "eye-catching." If seeking a way to describe my feelings towards Guangyi's pieces, I could immediately reply with, "strangely appealing and noticeable." In fact, this is the very feeling that caused ...
- Creature (uploaded by DRA Studio)A submission for your enjoyment from my Physical vs. Digital sketchbook. I am not sure where he came from exactly, but I definitely had a lot of fun with the detailed lines … zoom in to see the details. I think there are some Egyptian and/or Stargate influences in there. What do ...
- Christmas Comic Party
- Last night we got to join in on the holiday fun at Coliseum of Comics in Kissimmee ... not only were there giveaways, prizes, free soda and christmas yumminess, but there was a $7.00 store credit for everyone that showed up! It was quite a busy night for CoC, and a lot of merrymaking for ...