The Pacifier (2005)
0 out of 5 rubber ninja malletsDirected by Adam Shankman
There probably aren't enough words to describe how P-I-T-I-F-U-L this movie is. Thanks to insight gained from some of my recent blogging, I decided to at least give this movie a fair chance. That will be the last time I decide to side-step my instinct ... it will save me the trouble of having to get rid of the bile taste in my mouth later on.
Lousy acting (even on the side of Vin Diesel, who surprising couldn't pull of his over-simplified role), pathetically predictable plot points, and even worse attempts at humor.
If you are looking for so good , clean family fun, be sure to check this one out - as long as you can stomach the frequent poop gags, look past the ridiculously campy dialogue, and can stand the Vin Diesel sing-alongs.
One redeeming value for this film is that it was the first to rate at zero stars on Local Cinema.
- Sunday Afternoon Movies
- It’s strikes back time … with our two cents on a few more movie trailers.I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With – So this is pretty much just Jeff Garlin’s real life problems, with some clean Sarah Silverman fun. Huh.The Comebacks – Makes more sense than “Walk Hard”, but still looks dumb.Eastern Promises – Viggo ...
- Comic Book Villains (2002)
- 2 out of 5 ridiculous police actionsDirected by James Robinson Although the Netflix trailer and synopsis showed some promise for this independent-like comic book romp, things pretty much went downhill after the initial plot was unveiled. There are just some movies that would work out better as SNL sketches (can you say 'Kicking and Screaming'?). The casting ...
- Elizabethtown (2005)
- 4 out of 5 drunken bathrobe rendezvousesDirected by Cameron Crowe Isn't it funny how sometimes just the look of a movie trailer can entice you enough to want to see the movie? Or how it can make you so anxious for the movie, you wait in anticipation for months just to catch another glimpse? That is ...
- Orange County (2002)
- 3 out of 5 mistaken pill bottles Even though I am feeling a bit under the weather today (I'm not sure if it is the flu or just a bad sore throat), I am still trying be up and about, doing things. So while taking care of the dishes in the sink and eating lunch, I ...
- In Good Company (2004)
- 4 out of 5 broken ziti dishesDirected by Paul Weitz Is it just me or did this movie seem to fall of the face of the earth? It had some semi-big hipe, a so/so box office return, and only now that it is on DVD has it stepped back into the poorly-lit room that serves as ...