Free Willy (1993)
3 out of 5 ketchup-covered wedding cakesDirected by Simon Wincer
Describing this movie is so difficult ... in one word, Magical. In several more words, Cheesy '90s Movie with a Bleeding Heart for Native Americans and Orca Whales.
This is a classic that no one should ever escape this life without seeing. Unless of course you take the time to read the back of the movie case ... then you're ok to exit your life feeling complete.
From beginning to end; from the moment I put the tape in the VCR to when I crawled away weeping, this movie was "breath-taking". It transported me back to the happy days of my youth, watching movies at my parents' house in Deerfield Beach, FL. Man, those were good times. Remember when I broke out of my foster home and when on a begging spree? Or when I stole my surrogate father's tow truck to save the whale that I loved? O wait ... that's this movie. Hmm, never mind.
Make sure you get the VHS copy that has the exculsive Michael Jackson music video at the beginning ... remarkable ... like a mother (he said it first!). And don't forget to call the now probably defunct Save-An-Orca foundation. Adopt a big one for me!
- Flightplan (2005)
- 1 out of 5 possibly missing childrenDirected by Robert Schwentke I didn't really enjoy this one, so let's make it quick. Jodie Foster is quite good at the role she was handed ... she really convinced me that she was absolutely out of her mind! Basically, with this movie there comes a point when you have to choose ...
- Movie Trailer Mash
- After a fun night out, our movie review gang (Jodie, Courtney, Jimison and I) headed back home and watched a couple of new movie trailers. Enjoy!Man in the Chair – “Hey, its the Karate Kid for film-makers!” – JimisonThe Perfect Holiday – “I saw Mommie cap’n Santa” … “probably gonna be the funniest line in ...
- Chicken Little (2005)
- 3 out of 5 big chicken heads wearing glasses Despite Disney's best attempts to make me want to see this film (trendy commercials, slick looking advertisements, super prominent hype), I really had not interest. It really just looked like Disney's attempt at doing something 3D and fun, without having to pay Pixar for the awesomeness. My father-in-law ...
- Foster's Rocks!
- How cute is this 404 page! Man, do I love Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends! Check out this fun comic strip on "How to Draw Comics" ... it is how I feel sometimes. ...
- Old-School Cartoons
- Although it is out of the ordinary, today's post is not a movie review. It doesn't even taste like one. Instead, it is a concise list of some of my favorite 1970s - 1990s cartoons. Adam and Vanessa recently picked up an old Animaniacs VHS and it shot me off onto a IMDB spree for ...